Need a trustful Real Estate agent in SDQ

webmacon

Jul 4, 2006
caribbeanostriches.com
Anybody with good contacts for a real estate agent in SDQ for selling.

First I thought of Airbnb but I'm not so thrilled about the idea ... anybody with good/bad experiences with Airbnb an maybe how to manage if you are not living in SDQ.

Thanks for any advise.

TropicalPaul

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
AirBnB is a site where you rent out rooms in your house for one or two nights. What type of property are you trying to sell?

webmacon

Jul 4, 2006
caribbeanostriches.com
I know how Airbnb works, just not happy about the idea and heard from some friends that sometimes doesn’t go that smooth, specially when you are not there to handle it yourself.

It’s a 3 bedroom apartment.

AirBnB is a site where you rent out rooms in your house for one or two nights. What type of property are you trying to sell?

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Sell. The ability to lay your head on a pillow each night and not worry about a property in the hands of someone else is the best start you can have towards a good night's sleep.

I am sure there are really great real-estate agents here, I just have no experiencing or knowledge on finding them sorry.

Dr_Taylor

Oct 18, 2017
Anybody with good contacts for a real estate agent in SDQ for selling.

First I thought of Airbnb but I'm not so thrilled about the idea ... anybody with good/bad experiences with Airbnb an maybe how to manage if you are not living in SDQ.

Thanks for any advise.

I had good experiences renting through Airbnb in Santo Domingo. I met three owners that I like. They might be willing to manage the property. Send a PM, if you want their contact information.

TropicalPaul

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
I had a really good experience with Elizabeth from Chic Caribbean Homes (I rented somewhere through them that she managed). I think she's Irish, runs a very efficient business and manages the properties very well. They also repair and redesign. I think they only do top end properties, so it may depend on how upscale your place is, but if it qualifies I would check them out to manage a rental for you.

cruzan1

Sep 12, 2016
DR Advisors is on the North Coast - we used them to help locate some property. Great guys. I am sure that they probably have some contacts in Santo Domingo. The Real Estate agents down here are a dicey lot and it was nice using the consultants instead.

Airbnb only works if your doing it yourself or have a management company you can completely trust. We had an agent managing ours, guests checked out and left all the AC units running and the "agent" didn't catch it for over a week...