Spirit. MCO-SDQ Nonstop

Domphil

Dec 16, 2011
Spirit now flying MCO -SDQ. Nonstop. Now Jet Blue has competition.Maybe prices will get more affordable.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Spirit now flying MCO -SDQ. Nonstop. Now Jet Blue has competition.Maybe prices will get more affordable.
Sounds good to me. I don't fly that route but competition is a good thing.

Same from EWR-SDQ before was only United with hight prices, now they have Jetblue and Spirit doing same route.
Now I fly this route and loving the fact EWR now has three airline choices for non-stop flights into SDQ.

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010

I wouldn't fly Spirit if they gave me a free ticket. There on-time departure record is terrible. I would rather pay the extra $$$ to JetBlue and know the flight will leave on time.

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
I wouldn't fly Spirit if they gave me a free ticket. There on-time departure record is terrible. I would rather pay the extra $$$ to JetBlue and know the flight will leave on time.

I have read a lot comments like yours but seems to be that a lot people do not care about it because they always have very big lines for chek in.

Don PISTOLAS

Mar 6, 2018
Spirit almost always checks if you have a return flight, or they make you book one. They just pulled that on me at the gate, when i upgraded my seat. I gave them an old jetblue reservation number. In the past they have physically wanted to see it.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
I have read a lot comments like yours but seems to be that a lot people do not care about it because they always have very big lines for chek in.

I live near the Atlantic City airport, and Spirit is the main carrier there. I’ve flown them to Chicago several times, and never used anyone else to Florida. Our daughter and her family fly to Orlando 3-4 times a year. Neither of us has ever had an issue with Spirit. Maybe it depends on the airport?

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
I spoke too fast

I used to say the same EXACT thing, until now..........

When I was looking to come down with my tribe this holiday season spending Christmas and NY in DR, I looked like a hawk but to no avail. I refuse to pay a 1 000 dollars for a 3.5 hours flight (In my case, I am buying 3 tickets, that s times 3)**

So, I bought a One Way on Spirit and Coming back on Delta, came out to a total to a little over 500 per person RT.

Guess what ? It wasn't bad at all, the plane was on time, checking/boarding was super fast (I am starting to think that Dominicanos being restricted on luggage may not be such a bad thing after all :cheeky:), no thrills, no food, but having low low expectations had a nice sit down breakfast at a airport restaurant, bought snacks and water (just in case), kids always download series/movies from Netflix so the lack of TV was manageable. My ample bottom fits into their seat just fine and crews (air and ground) were nice.

Looks to me, that the competition is stiff in the NYC area to DR, so may be Spirit up their game ? I have nothing to compare to since I was a Spirit virgin.:rambo:

Would it be my first choice ? of course not, especially that I have miles/points on JB and Delta, but I have to watch our budget since we travel often.

**With 2 school aged children, I have no choice but to travel during the PEAK travel season and yes I had been looking at tickets since August.

Last edited: