Fantastic Dog for Adoption

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
A while after we lost our wonderful Great Dane Toby, we started looking for a GD pup to no avail.

However, one well-known breeder told us about a fixed, smaller three y.o. female Great Dane she took in from a lady who could no longer keep her in an apartment. I can't imagine anyone keeping a Great Dane in an apartment.

Her name is Jasmine aka Jazz:
L9nmV9.jpg

Jazz by the 5'2" Alida:
z5UAtK.jpg

Jazz---we call this position the "Jazz Flop"---by the pool:
RX6Rhu.jpg

We went to Sosua to meet Jazz and fell in love. She is a gorgeous girl, about 90lbs., a "small mouth" Great Dane with almost no slobber. She is incredibly sweet, loves attention, is obedient and is well trained. Her coat is so shiny she glistens.

We went back two weeks later and adopted Jazz. We brought her to Jarabacoa where she quickly integrated into our "pack" that included a fixed female Yorkie, an uncut male chihuahua and older fixed female Jack Russell mix.

But three weeks ago we had three horrible fights between Jazz and the Jack that was provoked by the Jack. And because the Jack is a "senior dog", nine y.o., who we had first we sadly took Jazz back to the breeder. She got along fantastically with the Yorkie & Chihuahua. She would lay on her back and let the two small dogs crawl all over her. Our female Jack has always shown some Alpha traits. Finally, Jazz wasn't going to take her crap anymore. Very sad, and very scary.

Jazz is the best dog I ever had. She is just awesome. And she could use a home either as a single dog or with a submissive male. She is not an apartment dog and needs a yard. She needs walks and is excellent on a leash. We had her for almost six months. She exhibited good protection skills, barking when someone she didn't know came near the fence.

She is worthy of a good forever home.

So if you know anyone who is an experienced dog owner looking for a fantastic dog, drop me a PM, and I'll get you in touch with the breeder. Just note the breeder will vet anyone looking to adopt Jazz.

It's sad posting this. I'd love to have Jazz back. :cry: We miss this beautiful girl.

When we adopted Jazz, the breeder did not ask for a donation to her rescue, but we gave her one.

Auryn

Apr 22, 2012
She is beautiful. If my male dog weren't so dominant, I'd be making a trip to visit her.

RockyM

Jul 16, 2018
Our little dog Rocky (RIP) used to do a "Jazz Flop" move as well. It must keep their belly's cool! Jazz looks like a wonderful dog. He will find another home soon I am sure.