Cost to pickup apple watch from mailboxes etc?

Rbhatup

Jan 12, 2019
I know there isn’t a definitive answer, but I'm just looking for an estumate.

How much would it cost to pick up a new $250 apple series 3 watch? Or is there some type of formula that will give me a ballpark idea of how much aduana will charge me for this particular item.

Thanks.

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
I know there isn’t a definitive answer, but I'm just looking for an estumate.

How much would it cost to pick up a new $250 apple series 3 watch? Or is there some type of formula that will give me a ballpark idea of how much aduana will charge me for this particular item.

Thanks.

The mail box company can give you a quotation on how much more less will cost you based on the price, you just have to make sure that the seller send the commercial invoice. If you can not provide a commercial invoice custom will price it with the list price they have and you can be paying more money in taxes.

meanwhile you can add the 18% itbis that for sure they will charge, plus the money your mailbox will charge to bring it.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
I use BM Cargo and have bought many items through eBay and Amazon. Not sure what formula aduanas uses, but I have never been charged 18% ITBIS on the invoice value.

The last item I purchased was a used iPhone 6S - invoice value was $145. Total charge from BM Cargo was about 240 pesos with less than 100 pesos being listed as ITBIS.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
, but I have never been charged 18% ITBIS on the invoice value.

I've always used a postal forwarding company in Miami when purchasing through Amazon and I've
never been charged a 18% ITBIS on any of my items. Correct me if I'm wrong but I always thought
the ITBIS was only charged on purchases within the DR not on imports, though obviously they do have
import fees as well.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
I've always used a postal forwarding company in Miami when purchasing through Amazon and I've
never been charged a 18% ITBIS on any of my items. Correct me if I'm wrong but I always thought
the ITBIS was only charged on purchases within the DR not on imports, though obviously they do have
import fees as well.

That's what I thought, too, but the BMC receipt does list an ITBIS tax. It's so small I can't imagine what's it's based on. It's always less than 1% of invoice value, and only a fraction of the total shipping fee. Too small to worry about. Chump change.

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
That's what I thought, too, but the BMC receipt does list an ITBIS tax. It's so small I can't imagine what's it's based on. It's always less than 1% of invoice value, and only a fraction of the total shipping fee. Too small to worry about. Chump change.

Remember that purchases less than 200.00 dollars do not have taxes, when is valued more than 200.00 then rules changes.

A friend of mine quoted with BM a cellphone he was planning to buy that the cost was 214.00 dollars and they listed to him

18% Itbis
03% Arancels
Plus the charges they normally add per weight.

This is for Cellphones, if you try to bring a TV then Arancels become into 48%,

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
That ITBIS is the tax on the bill for the shipper's charges to the D.R., more or less.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004

I think the ITBIS that out mentioned is on the shipping and handling only. Items $200 US and up are likely to have ITBIS on shipping, handling and the cost of goods. Of course, like most things in the DR, it can vary from identical shipment to identical shipment. I just had that happen where I was charged more than I should have been for an item under $200 US. On top of that, since the DR government wants to screw its populace on the price of TV's they add a hefty BOHICA Tax on them based upon how many inches...