Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks HB, this is exactly the information that I needed, and I will definitely give Santiago a look. I heard it can also be a little cooler there.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NALs View Post
    San Pedro has so much potential, but it seems it never quite gets past that stage. If the historic center was restored (not just the building, but also cobblestone streets, historic looking light fixtures, beautifying the parks, etc) and tax incentives for the creation of businesses that would attract tourists or make their visits pleasant (nice restaurants, tourist shops, cafés, art galleries, museum of the city´s history, etc) it could easily become a major day-trip option for the millions of tourists that stay in PC, LR, JD, BC, and SD (and soon in Miches too). Additionally, it can also become one more Dominican port-of-call for cruiseships. The biggest irony of all of this is that hundreds of thousands of tourists skirt SP every year as they are zipped on the circunvalación on their way to SD and back to PC.

I´m somewhat surprised that tour operators aren´t uniting and putting pressure on the government to make SP tourist friendly. There´s so much money to be made off of SP once the conditions are created and this will translate to new jobs for the locals too, which I´m sure they definitely need them.
    A multipurpose port is what San Pedro needs most

Santo Domingo.- The construction of the port for freight, passengers and tourists; the renovation of the historic center, a boost of the productive sector such as the free zone; and storm drainage are the most urgent needs of San Pedro de Macorís, according to its Provincial Development Council.
    “The urban center has an immensity of works and projects that, in addition to being part of history, have a very unique beauty that other provinces don’t have, according to its directors.
    “We proposed it to the president (Danilo Medina), that this port would not only be used for cargo, but could receive cruises, and even disembark tourists in the same urban area,” said opposition senator José Hazim Frappier.
    Interviewed by Listin Diario the lawmaker noted that the organization was created in 2016 and since then works in a coordinated manner.

https://dominicantoday.com/dr/econom...ro-needs-most/

3. Likes Auryn, Riva_31, NanSanPedro liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

in san pedro you must go to central park and eat at amables across the street from the park, sit down in the a/c, order a pastel en hoja with a presidente, gaze out the windows & enjoy

5. Likes JDFriend, JDJones liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for this information...

Get hundred of thousand apps using AppValley. Download latest games and mods using AppValley for iOS.

AppValley - #1 Third Party App Store | iOS | Download

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234