Thread: Expired Cedula and Driver's License Renewal?

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Expired Cedula and Driver's License Renewal?

Does anyone know if there any point in me trying to renew my expired driver's license (expired 23/10/17) using my expired cedula (expired 2015)? I have a USA passport (not expired hahaha) and am in Santo Domingo. Thank you for any input.

Dan

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

I renewed my dl with an expired cedula, they didn't seem to care, although it was only a few months past, not sure if that would make a difference.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

You can renew your expired Driver's license. Just a small fee in addition to the regular one. But of course it might or might not be a problem with your Cedula. I would try if I were you, nothing to lose.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

It was a no go on my license renewal with expired cedula. Not a big surprise but I gave it a shot.

5. Likes bigbird liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by danduva View Post
    Does anyone know if there any point in me trying to renew my expired driver's license (expired 23/10/17) using my expired cedula (expired 2015)? I have a USA passport (not expired hahaha) and am in Santo Domingo. Thank you for any input.

Dan
    I think that this remains unlikely. I could not withdraw funds over the counter at my bank with an expired cedula, the good passport notwithstanding; however, the bank did take my check. Fortunately, I have an ATM card.