SOME INVERTER QUESTIONS

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
I just bought a tecnomaster sw series inverter to replace an even cheaper chinese piece of junk. two six volt T-105 batteries. When I do the setup what charging Current Amperage should I select Max is 35 Minimum is 0. My choices are 20%, 40%, 60%, 80%, 100%. Batteries are two months old.
Also should I select on my power supply setting - AC supply in priority , Energy saving, or Battery supply in priority? This is a house that is rented short term.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
I just bought a tecnomaster sw series inverter to replace an even cheaper chinese piece of junk. two six volt T-105 batteries. When I do the setup what charging Current Amperage should I select Max is 35 Minimum is 0. My choices are 20%, 40%, 60%, 80%, 100%. Batteries are two months old.
Also should I select on my power supply setting - AC supply in priority , Energy saving, or Battery supply in priority? This is a house that is rented short term.

I just had my Powertec 2.4 (24v) inverter in the Powertec shop to for review due to a fan acting funny.

I asked them to set the dip switches to the ideal settings. For charging, they set it at 40%. Every time I lose power and it returns, the batteries seem to charge completely in what seems like just a few minutes.

For a 24/7 area, that seems a little high to me. In addition, I always have to be topping off the batteries every month or so because the acid level drops. That indicates to me the charging rate is a little high.

Final answer is 40%. (But I'm tempted to drop it to 20% and see what happens)

Power supply setting I can't tell you definitively, but I would think AC Supply in Priority would be my first choice.

Did you get an owners manual with your inverter?

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
I just had my Powertec 2.4 (24v) inverter in the Powertec shop to for review due to a fan acting funny.

I asked them to set the dip switches to the ideal settings. For charging, they set it at 40%. Every time I lose power and it returns, the batteries seem to charge completely in what seems like just a few minutes.

For a 24/7 area, that seems a little high to me. In addition, I always have to be topping off the batteries every month or so because the acid level drops. That indicates to me the charging rate is a little high.

Final answer is 40%. (But I'm tempted to drop it to 20% and see what happens)

Power supply setting I can't tell you definitively, but I would think AC Supply in Priority would be my first choice.

Did you get an owners manual with your inverter?

yes but it is sadly lacking in info.

ljmesg

Aug 6, 2017
Select AC supply priority. The batterys are DC, the invertor inverts the power to AC then runs it into the house.

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
I hate these threads...... makes me worry.
My inverter is as old as the house ( like 12 years ) and i have 0 idea of the settings on the damn thing.
All i know is when the luz se fue, i dont notice it...... fingers crossed ;).

I do seem to have fill up the batteries with water every couple of weeks...... i just thought it was normal..... no ?

To the OP, if i was you, i'd get a local guy, an " electrician" to set it up ( as in fiddle with the settings ).

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
My inverter is as old as the house ( like 12 years ) and i have 0 idea of the settings on the damn thing.

I do seem to have fill up the batteries with water every couple of weeks...... i just thought it was normal..... no ?

To the OP, if i was you, i'd get a local guy, an " electrician" to set it up ( as in fiddle with the settings ).

That's the plan.

Dr_Taylor

Oct 18, 2017
Thanks. I feel better, now. You guys provided a nice education today.

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
I always will highly recommend Martin Inversores, assembled in Santiago DR.

I bought a 1 Kilo watts MITEC inverter in 2003, used in my house five years with a bank of four batteries and when moved to US installed in my Mom's house...Down sized to two batteries and still in service with very little maintenance after all theses years.

Martin is an Electronic engineer who graduated in PUCAMAIMA.

https://www.1411.com.do/otras-categorias-i-j-k-y-l/inversores/martin-inversores-93839.html

JJ

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
I always will highly recommend Martin Inversores, assembled in Santiago DR.

I bought a 1 Kilo watts MITEC inverter in 2003, used in my house five years with a bank of four batteries and when moved to US installed in my Mom's house...Down sized to two batteries and still in service with very little maintenance after all theses years.

Martin is an Electronic engineer who graduated in PUCAMAIMA.

https://www.1411.com.do/otras-categorias-i-j-k-y-l/inversores/martin-inversores-93839.html

JJ
https://www.facebook.com/mitec15/