TuiFly to Brussels enforce carry-on limit 5kg or 11lbs?

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
Last time I flew this airline from Santo Domingo to Brussels a few years back, they were enforcing it, causing extreme chaos at check-in.

This time we are flying POP to BRU and would like to know if they are still doing this. My email confirmation only shows the 20kg checked luggage limitation, but some websites that may be outdated still show the carry-on limit of 5kg as well.

The big question is, is it enforced?

Last edited:

Chareena

Apr 3, 2004
janssoncarina.blogspot.com
Flying with TuiFly too in a few days. This is the instruction on my ticket:

• Hand luggage transported in the passenger compartment :
For obvious safety reasons and with a view to the comfort of the passengers, only one piece of hand baggage is allowed per passenger. Hand baggage is baggage that you keep with you during the flight. The dimensions must be small (55 x 40 x 20 cm, total of the dimensions is 115 cm max.) and its weight cannot exceed 10 kg.
On account of the limited space available, it is possible that not all large hand-baggage items (max. 55 x 40 x 20cm) can be transported in the cabin; the remaining items will be transported free of charge in the hold.
Hand baggage exceeding these dimensions and/or this weight will be refused at the boarding gate.
Sometimes the exceeding amount of hand baggage can be transported in the baggage compartment, upon payment of a supplement. Infants (babies under the age of 2) are not allowed to bring any hand baggage.

Uzin

Bronze
Oct 26, 2005
Last year I flew with them they never bothered to look or weigh the carry on hand-luggage, I think most airlines have 7Kg and allow a bit more grace on top, but who knows on the day, have plan B to put extra items in the check-in, also take out any laptop/tablet and chargers etc. out of carry on if they want to weigh it (you are allowed)....Good luck.

Drake

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
I flew brussels SDQ a few years back and going to brussels i had no issues but on the way back they made me check in my carry on and charged 175 € they then lost the bag and when it showed up all the valuables were missing. The worst thing is a lost a external memory with 10 years of family photos. I am still ****ed off with them, I have not flown Tui since. Also their flights are not that cheap anymore compared to other options.

Fulano2

Bronze
Jun 5, 2011
Europe
Please, I think the op wants the actual info. It is 10 kg with no hassle. I have travelled last 18 months 12 times SD-Brussels

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
Just flew the route, they did not weigh the carry-ons this time. Plane was an old 767 with the 2 pronged headset, at least they had movies. The legroom was tighter than an AA short flight. No premium or 1st class. Food and service below par. Not sure I can handle another 9hrs of that flight.

Uzin

Bronze
Oct 26, 2005
I actually thought TUI flight was better than Eurowings or Condor (in the old days when they had flights), at least it gives you free movies (others charge).

There isn't any other option to Europe from POP, we are lucky there is this TUI flight, if and when that is gone, well, you can go by boat - now that will be very comfortable, just take a bit more time.... lol

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
Just flew the route, they did not weigh the carry-ons this time. Plane was an old 767 with the 2 pronged headset, at least they had movies. The legroom was tighter than an AA short flight. No premium or 1st class. Food and service below par. Not sure I can handle another 9hrs of that flight.

Now they are back in 787-800 in the route.

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
I think he flew a few days ago, they have changed planes for this route so quickly !?

Yes, the planes was doing checks, they was also renting planes to Brussels Airlines and the 747-400 from Wamos. Few weeks ago also they looks like overbooked the flight and the flight was direct non stop from POP and next day direct non stop from SDQ