Las Terrenas - Private Excursion Info??

Winnipeg

Jan 5, 2019
Hello again from frosty Manitoba!
I appreciated the responses regarding my Playa Bonita post so much I just had to ask another question. :D
My husband and I are interested in a "private" excursion but the cost through advertised companies way out of our reach. We'd be interested in a boat trip that took us to some beautiful beaches. If anyone knows of someone who might be able/willing to offer this to us without charging us an arm and a leg, I'd appreciate the contact info.
Thank you! :classic:

Auryn

Apr 22, 2012
Try to hit Playa Fronton. It's near the top of my DR bucket list. Best of luck.

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Hello again from frosty Manitoba!
I appreciated the responses regarding my Playa Bonita post so much I just had to ask another question. :D
My husband and I are interested in a "private" excursion but the cost through advertised companies way out of our reach. We'd be interested in a boat trip that took us to some beautiful beaches. If anyone knows of someone who might be able/willing to offer this to us without charging us an arm and a leg, I'd appreciate the contact info.
Thank you! :classic:

I assume you have a rental car? If so you can drive to Playa Ricon, near Las Galeras or Playa Valle' which is closer to Samana. Both of these beaches are beautiful, surrounded by mountains and usually you will not find many people there. You could also drive to Las Galeras and get a local guide and boat to take you to Playa Fronton or Ricon but if you easily get sea sick I would not advise it. You can also hire a small boat at the Malecon, dock in Samana who can take you to Cayo Laventado. This is an island in Samana Bay. Beautiful beaches but not secluded. Many tour groups roaming the Island. You can also take a small tour out of Las Terrenas. Honestly one of my favorite beaches is right where you are staying. At the end of Playa Bonita is Punta Bonita which is just a little walk past Hotel Antlantis to a beautiful point of beach. The beach curves around into Coson Bay. It's one of the prettiest spots in the area. You don't need to spend a lot of money to find these hidden gems.

Winnipeg

Jan 5, 2019
I assume you have a rental car? If so you can drive to Playa Ricon, near Las Galeras or Playa Valle' which is closer to Samana. Both of these beaches are beautiful, surrounded by mountains and usually you will not find many people there. You could also drive to Las Galeras and get a local guide and boat to take you to Playa Fronton or Ricon but if you easily get sea sick I would not advise it. You can also hire a small boat at the Malecon, dock in Samana who can take you to Cayo Laventado. This is an island in Samana Bay. Beautiful beaches but not secluded. Many tour groups roaming the Island. You can also take a small tour out of Las Terrenas. Honestly one of my favorite beaches is right where you are staying. At the end of Playa Bonita is Punta Bonita which is just a little walk past Hotel Antlantis to a beautiful point of beach. The beach curves around into Coson Bay. It's one of the prettiest spots in the area. You don't need to spend a lot of money to find these hidden gems.

Thanks Steve. I appreciate the info on the specific beaches.
It would be nice to go on a guided tour but maybe that isn't necessary. We do have a car and maybe just going for short drives will be enough. I chose Playa Bonita specifically because of the beach.
:)

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Playa Rincon is a beach like no other anywhere. If you go left to the end facing the water you will see a fresh water river. You can take a small boat (very small row boat) with a guide down the river. You are guaranteed the clearest water you will ever swim in when you stop.

If you have ever seen the movie Apocalypse Now this will be the quiet and seclusion you will feel. Also at that end of the beach is the "Fat Lady" in the blue tent cooking the best fresh fish around. And you cannot spend any money to speak of in this place. Bring your own booze also.

Winnipeg

Jan 5, 2019
Playa Rincon is a beach like no other anywhere. If you go left to the end facing the water you will see a fresh water river. You can take a small boat (very small row boat) with a guide down the river. You are guaranteed the clearest water you will ever swim in when you stop.

If you have ever seen the movie Apocalypse Now this will be the quiet and seclusion you will feel. Also at that end of the beach is the "Fat Lady" in the blue tent cooking the best fresh fish around. And you cannot spend any money to speak of in this place. Bring your own booze also.

SKY,

You had me at "cleanest water" and "best fresh fish around".
Muchas Gracias!
:)