Eurowings flights PUJ Summer 2019

aviastar

Bronze
Jan 12, 2003
www.www.www
I am trying to buy a ticket to Germany from PUJ, but flights are available only until the end of March. Anyone knows if they will fly to PUJ this Summer?

josh2203

Bronze
Dec 5, 2013
I am trying to buy a ticket to Germany from PUJ, but flights are available only until the end of March. Anyone knows if they will fly to PUJ this Summer?

We were trying to do the exact same thing a couple of weeks back, but their website even now shows clearly that for not, no flights after April. That is for the route PUJ-CGN. Hopefully flying between Europe and the DR will not stay like this permanently.

There are other options, but we're four people, so it comes a bit pricy...

This has become ridiculous in my opinion, as a few years back, we had plenty of options, but now, anything between the DR and Europe requires more work to get good pricing, or availability in general.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
The DR is squarely focused on tourist visits, the majority of those during the winter months. The airlines can fill planes during these times of higher demand and cannot during the off season. Thus flights do not come on a regular basis during the off-season from many countries.

It's unfortunate, but another example of how the number of residents wishing to fly to Europe from the DR is insufficient to maintain the interest of any airline (apparently). Canadians see the same trend for flights to/from Canada and POP. The bulk of the interest is prepaid vacations to PUJ so that is where the majority of the direct flights are scheduled.

While not yet as limited as flights to Europe, I foresee the trend of Canadian <-> POP flights dwindling until they too become nonexistent for much of the year. At which time, North Coast resident Canadians will need to reexamine how important it is to live somewhat close to an airport that can get them a flight home when needed.

The DR is not promoting itself as a year round retirement destination in Europe and North America so expect the number of residents to remain fairly low for the foreseeable future. Thus the availability of year round flights to far away countries will be limited and inconvenient for much of the off season. The choices seem to be leaning towards planning to travel home during the tourist season or flying to the US and then catching a connecting flight to your ultimate destination the rest of the year.