Good auto mechanic in SD or Boca Chica area?

irsav

Jan 26, 2019
Good afternoon!
I need a reliable place to service/tuneup my old SUV Mitsubishi Nativa. That was in storage for several years. Before storage it was in a good running condition. I did not try to start it after the storage.
Boca Chica.

Any advise?
Regards!

irsav

Jan 26, 2019
Looking for a good mechanic in Boca Chica.

Please recommend a reliable mechanic for Mitsubishi SUV in Boca Chica area.
Thank you all in advance!

irsav

Jan 26, 2019
Mechanic for Mitsubishi. South.

Hi!
I am newbie and posted my question in the Travel section.
Probably it should be moved to this Section some how.
Please excuse me and suggest a reliable mechanic in Boca Chica area.
Or in the capital, if nothing in BC.
Kind regards!

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Hi!
I am newbie and posted my question in the Travel section.
Probably it should be moved to this Section some how.
Please excuse me and suggest a reliable mechanic in Boca Chica area.
Or in the capital, if nothing in BC.
Kind regards!

I've got a guy, but were over in Haina. Is there something in particular you want checked?

One thing about Mitsubishi; they can be a pain to work on. Even changing the plugs is a chore due to their placement. (I just had my plugs and timing belt changed)

irsav

Jan 26, 2019
I've got a guy, but were over in Haina. Is there something in particular you want checked?

One thing about Mitsubishi; they can be a pain to work on. Even changing the plugs is a chore due to their placement. (I just had my plugs and timing belt changed)

Nothing in particular. Just was sitting in the hot and humid Dominican climate for four years. Anything could have happened to the vehicle in such a long time.
To check for leaks, vacuums, hoses, rust, fluids, belts, fuses, plugs with wires. To do a all-out tuneup.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
And Haina is not too far.

From BC it's about an hour. He's on the west side close to Nigua.

I'd suggest checking the liquid levels, throw in some new gasoline in with the older stuff, and turn it over and see what happens. When it starts, let it idle until it warms up.

Park it somewhere on clean cement overnight and look to see if there's any drops of oil on the ground.

If it were me, I'd get an oil and filter change pretty soon at one of the 10 minute oil change places.

You can eyeball the belts yourself. Feel the spark plug wires - do they feel lift soft rubber-spongy and weak, or are they still somewhat rigid?

The only place they usually rust is behind the plastic trim around the lower half of the body. Also around the spare tire underneath the rear behind the axle.

If you can't do that stuff yourself, ask folks in the street where a good mechanic is in BC or Andres. Have him look at everything while you're there and see what he recommends. Don't let him talk you into doing repairs.

I'm betting it's in better shape than you think. A good car wash cleaning will work wonders.