Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: HUAWEI HG8245H router - Claro Fibre Optic

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default HUAWEI HG8245H router - Claro Fibre Optic

I would like to change the WIFI password. I can get to the HUAWEI login screen - but have tried numerous usernames and passwords. I tried the Web user name and web password on the sticker on the underside of the router. But no luck. Also tried a number of suggestions on their Website ( admin/admin admin/1234 etc )

Anyone done this ? or any other suggestions ?

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

User name and password = serial number of the modem, starts with 48575xxxxxxxxxxx

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bred View Post
    User name and password = serial number of the modem, starts with 48575xxxxxxxxxxx
    I have the same problem with a huwai router.

I didnt quite understand. So half the number goes in user name tab and the other half in password tab ? Thanks.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

No. Full SN is the login name AND same full SN is the password.

For example -
    User name - 485754437CD4AC2E
    Password - 485754437CD4AC2E

User name can not be changed. The password you can change immediately after 1st login.

Also note - all letters in the serial numbers are in CAPS. If you type small letters - you will get an error.

5. Likes malko liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

No. Full SN is the login name AND same full SN is the password.

For example -
    User name - 485754437CD4AC2E
    Password - 485754437CD4AC2E

User name can not be changed. The password you can change immediately after 1st login.

Also note - all letters in the serial numbers are in CAPS. If you type small letters - you will get an error.
    Thanks - tried that already. Doesn't work. 4857544359683F39.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Astucia View Post
    Thanks - tried that already. Doesn't work. 4857544359683F39.
    Then someone already changed your password earlier (unless you confused 8 for B in your SN). All new freshly installed modems have this combination. You can reset it and then use the SN you have to enter into the modem.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Then someone already changed your password earlier (unless you confused 8 for B in your SN). All new freshly installed modems have this combination. You can reset it and then use the SN you have to enter into the modem.
    Just to be clear - it is the WIFI password I want to change. They set the WIFI password to be the same as the phone # that is the VOIP # of the phone that is attached to the router. ie the VOIP phone # is 809 89x-xxxx.
    That is is Wifi password. But it is the account/user name and password for the Router that I don't know.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Astucia View Post
    Just to be clear - it is the WIFI password I want to change. They set the WIFI password to be the same as the phone # that is the VOIP # of the phone that is attached to the router. ie the VOIP phone # is 809 89x-xxxx.
    That is is Wifi password. But it is the account/user name and password for the Router that I don't know.

That was clear enough from your original post.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

In case you can not enter to your router somebody else did and changed it, you can reset the router, they have very little hole inthe back usually or close to the on and off buttom, introduce a needle inside the hole and keep it pressed for arround 10 seconds and will restore the fabric setting that will include the generic password.

Moderator - Clown Central
    Post Thanks / Like

Call Claro and tell them you are having problems connecting to Wi-Fi.

Let them send out a technician.

The Claro technicians here in Santiago have ALWAYS been helpful with me.

If necessary, a little white lie, say unauthorized people have been connecting to your Wi-Fi.
    Clown Central

Be Serious

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast