HUAWEI HG8245H router - Claro Fibre Optic

Astucia

Papa de Negrita
Oct 19, 2013
I would like to change the WIFI password. I can get to the HUAWEI login screen - but have tried numerous usernames and passwords. I tried the Web user name and web password on the sticker on the underside of the router. But no luck. Also tried a number of suggestions on their Website ( admin/admin admin/1234 etc )

Anyone done this ? or any other suggestions ?

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
User name and password = serial number of the modem, starts with 48575xxxxxxxxxxx

I have the same problem with a huwai router.

I didnt quite understand. So half the number goes in user name tab and the other half in password tab ? Thanks.

Bred

Bronze
Aug 13, 2006
Sosua
No. Full SN is the login name AND same full SN is the password.

For example -
User name - 485754437CD4AC2E
Password - 485754437CD4AC2E

User name can not be changed. The password you can change immediately after 1st login.

Also note - all letters in the serial numbers are in CAPS. If you type small letters - you will get an error.

Astucia

Papa de Negrita
Oct 19, 2013
No. Full SN is the login name AND same full SN is the password.

For example -
User name - 485754437CD4AC2E
Password - 485754437CD4AC2E

User name can not be changed. The password you can change immediately after 1st login.

Also note - all letters in the serial numbers are in CAPS. If you type small letters - you will get an error.

Thanks - tried that already. Doesn't work. 4857544359683F39.

Bred

Bronze
Aug 13, 2006
Sosua
Thanks - tried that already. Doesn't work. 4857544359683F39.

Then someone already changed your password earlier (unless you confused 8 for B in your SN). All new freshly installed modems have this combination. You can reset it and then use the SN you have to enter into the modem.

Astucia

Papa de Negrita
Oct 19, 2013
Then someone already changed your password earlier (unless you confused 8 for B in your SN). All new freshly installed modems have this combination. You can reset it and then use the SN you have to enter into the modem.

Just to be clear - it is the WIFI password I want to change. They set the WIFI password to be the same as the phone # that is the VOIP # of the phone that is attached to the router. ie the VOIP phone # is 809 89x-xxxx.
That is is Wifi password. But it is the account/user name and password for the Router that I don't know.

Bred

Bronze
Aug 13, 2006
Sosua
Just to be clear - it is the WIFI password I want to change. They set the WIFI password to be the same as the phone # that is the VOIP # of the phone that is attached to the router. ie the VOIP phone # is 809 89x-xxxx.
That is is Wifi password. But it is the account/user name and password for the Router that I don't know.

That was clear enough from your original post.

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
In case you can not enter to your router somebody else did and changed it, you can reset the router, they have very little hole inthe back usually or close to the on and off buttom, introduce a needle inside the hole and keep it pressed for arround 10 seconds and will restore the fabric setting that will include the generic password.

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
Call Claro and tell them you are having problems connecting to Wi-Fi.

Let them send out a technician.

The Claro technicians here in Santiago have ALWAYS been helpful with me.

If necessary, a little white lie, say unauthorized people have been connecting to your Wi-Fi.

Bryanell

Bronze
Aug 9, 2005
I had the same problem a while back when my new laptop wouldn't connect to my home WiFi network using the same password as all my other devices.
When everything else failed after numerous attempts at the on-line and user manual instructions, I spent 10 minutes on the phone with a very helpful, English speaking Claro help desk clerk who resolved the issue by changing the nextwork name so that I could continue using the same password. He explained that when the Claro techies had installed the FO system and new modems/routers in my home, they had specified a custom user name and that is why the factory set combination of the router serial number as user name and password was not accepted and couldn't be used anymore
How true that was I don't know, nor do I much care since it solved the problem.

Astucia

Papa de Negrita
Oct 19, 2013
Call Claro and tell them you are having problems connecting to Wi-Fi.

Let them send out a technician.

The Claro technicians here in Santiago have ALWAYS been helpful with me.

If necessary, a little white lie, say unauthorized people have been connecting to your Wi-Fi.

Went to the Claro place in Sosua where we pay - the guy there called Puerto Plata Claro and eventually got someone ( sounded like a Help Desk person ) on the phone with me. After a few minutes of discussion and trouble-shooting he gave me an Incident # and said a technician would be in touch with me. On the way back home - a technician called me. She was able to access the router remotely and changed the Wifi password from her office. Got home and VOILA - the password was changed ! That's about as good as it gets here :classic:

Reactions: london777

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
Went to the Claro place in Sosua where we pay - the guy there called Puerto Plata Claro and eventually got someone ( sounded like a Help Desk person ) on the phone with me. After a few minutes of discussion and trouble-shooting he gave me an Incident # and said a technician would be in touch with me. On the way back home - a technician called me. She was able to access the router remotely and changed the Wifi password from her office. Got home and VOILA - the password was changed ! That's about as good as it gets here :classic:

Glad to hear you got it resolved.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Meanwhile China is remotely monitoring the Huawei routers and one day all are bank accounts will be emptied :(

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Claro is really tons better in the last 2 or 3 years since the new boss came into the DR.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Claro is not even the shade of Codetel, missing those time of very good service and when your problem was solve in 24 hrs.

When it was Codetel there was no fibre optic, no high speed internet of any kind, no roaming, etc. A different ballgame today.

Astucia

Papa de Negrita
Oct 19, 2013
When it was Codetel there was no fibre optic, no high speed internet of any kind, no roaming, etc. A different ballgame today.

For sure Sky. We have tried ALL the technologies and pretty much all of the providers available here in the last 12 years. Claro Fibre Optic is far and away THE BEST. 40 months with them - down twice ( including hurricanes ) Great customer service.

And as for lamenting the good old days when you had 24 hours service - the technician was in touch with me within 24 minutes ! I hadn't even had time to get home.

Last edited:

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Not only is Claro's Fibre Optic by far the best Internet service on the Island, but their Post Paid cell and data plans with free roaming in the US and Latin America at a really fair price blow away the other providers. They even roll over unused minutes and data to the next month. Try getting that in the US.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Not only is Claro's Fibre Optic by far the best Internet service on the Island, but their Post Paid cell and data plans with free roaming in the US and Latin America at a really fair price blow away the other providers. They even roll over unused minutes and data to the next month. Try getting that in the US.

Got no roaming an unlimited high speed data with T-Mobile at $30/mo incl taxes in the US. Get all my messages here to my US number on my dual-sim phone.
But I am happy with Claro service in DR, but I have been to the US a few times with my Claro phone and roaming - that's a joke. It barely works.