Registering with Aduanas as User of Courier Services

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
From what I have read, if you use a courier company, you do not need to register with aduanas, the courier company takes care of that for you. You will probably be asked to submit some ID, either a passport or a cedula to your courier company. Many of us will have taken care of this last year when the new rules were first announced and at least EPS and CPS were all in a rush to get the info on file.

As always it's possible the rules have changed again and I'll just have to wait and see if I am contacted to do anything different than what has already been done.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
The DGA has said that the RUA is not necessary for those using international express transport companies.

I'm not sure if what most of use can be called and int'l express transport company. Either way, for my next order I'll check with the courier company and see what they say. If any action is needed I think we have until July to figure it out.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I use EPS, CPS and Encargopaq. So far I have not been asked for any additional information since I signed up. I am sure there was a cedula number involved, since it is used for virtually all business transactions in the DR.
Since the DGA has said that the RUA is not necessary for those using international express transport companies, I don't anticipate any further requests.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
I use EPS. It is a international express shipping company. They DO NOT require customers
such as myself to register their personal information on any government website.

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
I got Whatsapp messages this morning from CPS with the same info. Haven't used them in 2 years but I guess they're not looking at that. When I tried to check out the form, it wouldn't load.

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
If you use Fedex, DHL or UPS not need to register at DGA-RUA, is only for people using the curriers services to buy goods on internet valued under to $US 200.00.

They find out a lot people bringing goods in split purchases of the same articules to skip custom taxes. Now will have a record on everythng you bring and they will be able to see when you buy too much of the same articles and what things you bring to apply taxes

The article says when expire the time to register in June orJuly 2019 if you are not registred they will hold your package. The registration gives you the oportunity to tell then that you are reseller or just for personal porpouses.