Divorce

MiamiDRGuy

Bronze
May 19, 2013
My marriage ends and if my wife wants divorce and she is in DR and I'm in the states. I have daughter whos 5 and can she sue me for child support and will it be easy?

The birth cerft. states I'm father and first listed on it and does that means I have more custody or most common goes to the mother?

Should I let them go and let her file the divorce and be on my way?

Thanks

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
She can sue you for support. How easy it would be to collect is another question, but it is your daughter. I would think you would feel obligated to pay support.

Women almost always get custody. If you're lucky, you'll be able to visit.

She doesn't need your permission or approval to file for divorce.

Fabio J. Guzman

DR1 Expert
Jan 1, 2002
www.drlawyer.com
Women almost always get custody, but when they do, men always get visitation rights if they ask for it. Make sure you're represented in the divorce proceedings so that you can ask for it.

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
If you fathered it man up and take responsibility both financially and as a co parent. I would also suggest a vasectomy to avoid future issues.

Jumbo

Bronze
Jul 8, 2005
I have an ex with a daughter that is not even mine. Send her 15000 pesos a month. Beer money. I hope the OP is a man and supports the child.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
If you fathered it man up and take responsibility both financially and as a co parent. I would also suggest a vasectomy to avoid future issues.

Whoa ... easy there cowboy!
The OP's question was about being sued by his ex wife for child support.
At no point did he say he was not already paying or that he planned on not
paying anything and skipping out on his daughter.

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004
Do your own dna test asap. You would be surprised how many are paying for others children.

No saying its the case here. Some men would pay for a child that is not theirs due to bonding and love of the child.

But be sure. Be armed with facts.

https://www.livescience.com/375-surprise-1-25-dads-real-father.html

Article says 4% of daddies are not. I bet its a lot higher than 4% in some countries. Also most likely higher in couples getting a divorce.

Last edited: