When a No Parking sign means Whatever

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
OK It is hard to park in downtown Sosua - maybe that's a good thing ?

If I was looking to open a business I look for somewhere on the outskirts of town where there was street parking or maybe room for a parking lot. But I'm not looking to open one.

But I have noticed the past few weeks that the "No Parking" signs on Pedro Clistante, Dr Rosen and Camino del Libre are being ignored - with impunity.

Since I don't ride a scooter, but instead drive a large SUV it means it is very hard to pass, and invariably there is some moron (quite often a tourist) waiting for his fat hooker to waddle over or for his food to be brought to the car. Forget it if you need an ambulance.

I try to avoid driving through Hooker's Row because frankly it's tiring and stale and it is the worst of Sosua - but if the City posted one side as No Parking they should enforce it or better yet close the street like before, I was OK with that.
Fewer car cruisers means less Global Warming eh ?

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
OK It is hard to park in downtown Sosua - maybe that's a good thing ?

If I was looking to open a business I look for somewhere on the outskirts of town where there was street parking or maybe room for a parking lot. But I'm not looking to open one.

But I have noticed the past few weeks that the "No Parking" signs on Pedro Clistante, Dr Rosen and Camino del Libre are being ignored - with impunity.

Since I don't ride a scooter, but instead drive a large SUV it means it is very hard to pass, and invariably there is some moron (quite often a tourist) waiting for his fat hooker to waddle over or for his food to be brought to the car. Forget it if you need an ambulance.

I try to avoid driving through Hooker's Row because frankly it's tiring and stale and it is the worst of Sosua - but if the City posted one side as No Parking they should enforce it or better yet close the street like before, I was OK with that.
Fewer car cruisers means less Global Warming eh ?

Maybe this will help you in your travels:

No Parking in the DR is double park block the street

Stop is really slow down and cross yourself

People trying to cross the street speed up and see if you can brush them back

Speed limit on local streets mean honk honk honk using that as your brakes

Your welcome!

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
I don't mind the No Parking Zones. But what irks me is businesses using the street to park rental cars and rental bikes. Buy an empty lot if they want to open a business. The parking is for me.

The local businesses (that don't park on the street) should wake up and get it fixed. I've left downtown and went elsewhere to eat because of no parking.

Taxis too. You go to New Garden now and you can only park on the left. Guess what, nothing but taxis on the left. Ok, back to my sausagemushroomcheese omelet.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Amet (the new acronym is too long) was enforcing the no parking for a time with people stationed strategically along the streets after the new rules went into effect. Then they stopped possibly because shady areas were scarce, no one in Amet was prepared to walk a beat in circles endlessly and probably very few were paying the fines unless they were towed away.

When the city directs them to, Amet will start up enforcement again and the cycle will repeat. It's as if rules are only enforced as long as someone directs the enforcers to specifically do so and then only for a finite period of time.

Hard to get a parked car to cough up some cash maybe?

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
I don't mind the No Parking Zones. But what irks me is businesses using the street to park rental cars and rental bikes. Buy an empty lot if they want to open a business. The parking is for me.

The local businesses (that don't park on the street) should wake up and get it fixed. I've left downtown and went elsewhere to eat because of no parking.

Taxis too. You go to New Garden now and you can only park on the left. Guess what, nothing but taxis on the left. Ok, back to my sausagemushroomcheese omelet.
If only they could rid the town of the street flies wearing 1000 peso ill-fitting dresses (not saying make prostitution illegal, for I have sinned :) ) just make them go into a business and buy at least a 150 pesos worth of drinks. (with receipt to prove it).

No loitering on the sidewalk.

And any if them that has a BMI of 25 and above is immediately arrested and put out to pasture. (where grazers belong)

That would eliminate a lot of congestion.

Sent from my SM-A530F using Tapatalk