Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Earthquake swarms

Moderator parum momenti
    Post Thanks / Like

Much less than a 3 you probably won't feel especially if it is deep much beyond 50 km and even then you almost have to be standing on top of it. My awareness threshold is 4.5+

The small shakers aren't an issue and most around these parts are 2.5 - 3.5. There are lots of them and I've stopped posting about those especially in the Mona Passage.

Come on down. As in CA you know it's a quake zone and you know these parts can produce strong quakes that can chew the place up due to building practices and poor infrastructure. We are due for another big one anytime but most days that doesn't affect the temperature of the beer.

Moderator parum momenti
    Post Thanks / Like

From today's Daily Headline News post:

For years now, experts have forecast the DR should be prepared for a 8+ earthquake.

https://dr1.com/forums/showthread.ph...=1#post1933444

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

geeeee that's not good ..........

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

I see some of the construction going on and wonder how bad it would be if Santo Domingo got a big quake. Earthquakes don't kill ppl, it's the buildings.

One apt I saw in Higüey had its roof made of mixes of a bag of mortar, a wheelbarrow of sand(prob unwashed beach sand) and dirt. Yes, dirt. I was tempted to steal some for my garden. Makes you wonder how much rebar they used. I don't see much real aggregate used anywhere.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234