Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Restaurants in colonial zone

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mountainannie View Post
    did you bother to read my articles? yes - written by me - the journalist. Here - try again - http://www.ipsnews.net/author/elizabeth-eames-roebling/
    I was not just "traveling back and forth within the DR" I was studying, staying in places for a week/two weeks/ three weeks at a time - interviewing often in Spanish and French and filing in English. I carry a permanent photo press issued from the IPS office in the United Nations. My articles have been translated into 6 languages. Two of them were translated into Spanish and carried - with my byline - in Diario Libre.

I will match my empirical knowledge against any foreigner on this board (who is NOT married to a Dominican - as in that does not include AE, DV8, Chiri, Matilda, CB, Bob Saunders and perhaps others)
    Am glad for you and your quest in the DR - I hope the rest you wrote, although cavalier; wasn't to impress or rub off on my face?

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Wishing you well View Post
    Part of the paid package and benefits. Some of us do enjoy that freedom.
    What are you talking about? The argument for the last month from the elitists was that you couldnt live for $2500 and someone did it with 2 help staff lol. I just find that to be hilarious.
    Last edited by alexw; 02-12-2019 at 12:58 AM.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bigbird View Post
    but alexw you forgot to ask for this price does it include 24/7 electric with backup generator, A/C included, a washer and dryer, 24/7 security, covered parking, just to name a few things that would be standard for a person looking for a first world middle class apartment.

adios amigo
    Oh big bird you just dont quit when poster after poster proves you wrong. Lol adios amigo

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

May we please get back to the best 'Air Sandwich'....?? and its price......

I'm hungry !!! and poor

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Island Dragon View Post
    I go to the colonial zone in a few days and I want to know about restaurants and places that sell food in the colonial zone (and cheap if it posible), 'cause I have a trip and wanna not die of hunger during that trip trough the zone.
    Best deal is a new restaurant called El Buho Cafe on Arzobispo Nouel and Duarte. Best coffee in the zona colonial, breakfast and lunches reasonably priced. Food Prices range from $4.00 to $10.00 and its in a beautiful 16th century residence with a large partialy covered Spanish Courtyard.

No fui yo!
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bob saunders View Post
    We just drilled a 160 ft well that is giving us lots of water that certainly looks clean and has no smell. The guys building our fence/walls been drinking it for two weeks without ill effects but we won't drink it until we test it.
    How much did that cost and I assume it is a submersible pump. Did you affix a pull rope that will not rot ? I have seen some people try to pull a pump up by the pipe and that didn't end well (no pun intended), as it actually did end up in the well

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chico bill View Post
    How much did that cost and I assume it is a submersible pump. Did you affix a pull rope that will not rot ? I have seen some people try to pull a pump up by the pipe and that didn't end well (no pun intended), as it actually did end up in the well
    One and a half year ago I had a well drilled at the school of my in-laws. Paid 48k pesos for drilling the hill and about 27k for the pump and installing the same.
    So in total about USD1500

8. Likes chico bill liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by william webster View Post
    May we please get back to the best 'Air Sandwich'....?? and its price......

I'm hungry !!! and poor
    we seem to want to just wander and chat

like a herd of cats

too bad that there is lots of info about apartments and water and wells in this thread that others may never see?
    maybe mods can clean it up?

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

I popped in to Buho Cafe yesterday. It's where Drakes bar used to be just down from Supermercado Nacional and Hotel Roma (which has also closed). I always used to like Drakes and I got the impression that the business was working and it closed because of problems with ITBIS. It's nice to see the venue open again.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011