Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Restaurants in colonial zone

Post Thanks / Like

There are some normal comedores but not in the more touristy parts.
    Moderator East Coast Forum

www.DR1.com

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

I hope I can get the directions right...

there is a nice looking - very Dominican - restaurant on Calle des Hostas above (N) of the conde on the east side
    If you see Meson de Bari.... on the west side... you've missed it
    Backtrack half a block or so.... other side of the street

Bird - you know this one ??

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by william webster View Post
    I hope I can get the directions right...

there is a nice looking - very Dominican - restaurant on Calle des Hostas above (N) of the conde on the east side
    If you see Meson de Bari.... on the west side... you've missed it
    Backtrack half a block or so.... other side of the street

Bird - you know this one ??
    Would that be Meson de Luis? Directly across the street from what was Hotel Mercure side entrance? A very small place but from what I remember many years ago served a decent plate of food.

Once again, a good healthy walk up calle duarte will bring you to china town. No need to explain what type of cuisine you will find here. Delicia Campestre restaurant always gets good reviews.

4. Likes Russell liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bigbird View Post
    200 - 300 might be tough but add a few pesos more and you can find enough spots to last a few days for your visit. No need to hit the higher end places unless you just want to treat yourself for a night.

Grands (Pacos) on el conde across from parque independencia

Dumbos located on independencia on a 45 degree angle off to the left standing at Grands (Pacos)

Fairly decent Chinese restaurant off on a 45 degree angle to the right standing at Grands (Pacos)

Pollo Victorina on el conde

Villar Hnos you can walk to from the zona if you don't mind a good walk (google the location)

Keep your eye open for a comedor serving plato del dia

Pizza Hut and Papa Johns on Gomez a few blocks below avenida bolivar

Manolos restaurant across the street from the rear entrance of Hotel Jaragua

Just west of Manolos is a nice restaurant serving grill roasted chicken

el nacional supermarket on el conde has small packages of prepared hot food

yes, several I mentioned are not in la zona but as I mentioned if you don't mind a good walk and also get a chance to see other parts of the area you should be fine dining in the 400 pesos price range.
    Yeah, Just in case I need to mention that I am not a tourist and live in SD

Btw, thanks for the sites I don't mind walk a litle just for eat something. Also pollo victorinas still alive? Has been years since the last time I eat in pollo victorina

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Island Dragon View Post
    .............Also pollo victorinas still alive? Has been years since the last time I eat in pollo victorina
    jajajaja, pollo victorinas will be at that same location until Columbus returns. :-)

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

jajajaja, pollo victorinas will be at that same location until Columbus returns. :-)
    Not a Pollo Victorina its Pollo Rey there on el conde. Other than the name you may be right. its outlasted McDonald,Burger King, and Rico which was on the corner 1 block up from El Conde/Paco's or Grands as now known. Only thing I know thats been around as long is Petrus next to Plaza Lomba

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bienamor View Post
    Not a Pollo Victorina its Pollo Rey there on el conde. Other than the name you may be right. its outlasted McDonald,Burger King, and Rico which was on the corner 1 block up from El Conde/Paco's or Grands as now known. Only thing I know thats been around as long is Petrus next to Plaza Lomba
    You are correct, I stand corrected. They all look the same. LOL

9. Likes bienamor liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Another survivor is that fairly large restaurant just west of Romas. They put out the buffet type plato del dia everyday and have daily specials. Food ain't all that great but if your stomach is growling they will do in a pinch.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Would that be Meson de Luis? Directly across the street from what was Hotel Mercure side entrance? A very small place but from what I remember many years ago served a decent plate of food.

Once again, a good healthy walk up calle duarte will bring you to china town. No need to explain what type of cuisine you will find here. Delicia Campestre restaurant always gets good reviews.
    I think that's right....both are 'Mesons'.....

good catch Birdy

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Ignore this post, already been answered.

Another survivor is that fairly large restaurant just west of Romas. They put out the buffet type plato del dia everyday and have daily specials. Food ain't all that great but if your stomach is growling they will do in a pinch.

Quote Originally Posted by bienamor View Post
    ............ Only thing I know thats been around as long is Petrus next to Plaza Lomba

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast