Buying Cars!

Sua Sponte

Dec 29, 2017
Hello Everyone,

Let me start this off for our moderators by saying I don't think there's a review forum on DR1 and if there is, I apologize.

I recently needed to buy some cars in summer 2018. I am a man of action and waste no time. I started researching months ahead of when I actually needed the car. I found who I needed on DR1. DR1 is always a wealth of info that I always consider.

I found out about a very qualified ExPat, known by DR1 as Gorgon (message him if you need the same service I needed), who has many years of experience in the US with inspecting vehicles and more. He has a very large and thoughtful knowledge of many different vehicles due to his background.

I was starting my search in Feb/Mar of 2018. I was looking for a specific vehicle (Jeep Wrangler, newer) that I knew was going to be a hassle to find in DR due to how iconic it is (more than the US imo).

I contacted Gorgon by DR1 PM. He was very punctual and replied very quickly. I told him what I was looking for, my price point, and my purchase time frame. He assured me by explaining his experience and knowledge (I'm not handicap on this subject and was aware that he wasn't blowing smoke), then told me what he could do.

Gorgon lives on the North Coast. He started researching all over DR for the specs I gave him. Once we found the first few options, he started traveling. He traveled to Santiago and S.D. for me to check out and test drive several different Jeeps for me.

If I forgot to mention, I travel for work and live overseas very far from DR, very often!!!!!! He did this ALL FOR ME while I was away for work!!!

After the first batch of Jeeps were a NO-GO due to a combo of reasons ranging from bad carfax to Gorgon telling me that they weren't in good condition, he found several other options to check for me. The next batch did find a good option in S.D. Gorgon orchestrated the deal for me and represented me in an attorney-esque way that I think helped with any Gringo pricing.

The dealer that I bought the Jeep from gave a VERY reasonable deal (with appropriate vetting) to the point that I ended up buying a second car from him!

I HIGHLY recommend him to anyone who needs help looking for a vehicle in DR. He is very reasonably priced, punctual, professional, and very knowledgeable. Plus he is willing to work with your schedule and he actually cares. He's a good guy!

If anyone has any questions, by all means, contact me here or through PM!!!

Thanks again Gorgon! Dios te bendiga!

Respectfully,

Sua Sponte

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Hello Everyone,

Let me start this off for our moderators by saying I don't think there's a review forum on DR1 and if there is, I apologize.

I recently needed to buy some cars in summer 2018. I am a man of action and waste no time. I started researching months ahead of when I actually needed the car. I found who I needed on DR1. DR1 is always a wealth of info that I always consider.

I found out about a very qualified ExPat, known by DR1 as Gorgon (message him if you need the same service I needed), who has many years of experience in the US with inspecting vehicles and more. He has a very large and thoughtful knowledge of many different vehicles due to his background.

I was starting my search in Feb/Mar of 2018. I was looking for a specific vehicle (Jeep Wrangler, newer) that I knew was going to be a hassle to find in DR due to how iconic it is (more than the US imo).

I contacted Gorgon by DR1 PM. He was very punctual and replied very quickly. I told him what I was looking for, my price point, and my purchase time frame. He assured me by explaining his experience and knowledge (I'm not handicap on this subject and was aware that he wasn't blowing smoke), then told me what he could do.

Gorgon lives on the North Coast. He started researching all over DR for the specs I gave him. Once we found the first few options, he started traveling. He traveled to Santiago and S.D. for me to check out and test drive several different Jeeps for me.

If I forgot to mention, I travel for work and live overseas very far from DR, very often!!!!!! He did this ALL FOR ME while I was away for work!!!

After the first batch of Jeeps were a NO-GO due to a combo of reasons ranging from bad carfax to Gorgon telling me that they weren't in good condition, he found several other options to check for me. The next batch did find a good option in S.D. Gorgon orchestrated the deal for me and represented me in an attorney-esque way that I think helped with any Gringo pricing.

The dealer that I bought the Jeep from gave a VERY reasonable deal (with appropriate vetting) to the point that I ended up buying a second car from him!

I HIGHLY recommend him to anyone who needs help looking for a vehicle in DR. He is very reasonably priced, punctual, professional, and very knowledgeable. Plus he is willing to work with your schedule and he actually cares. He's a good guy!

If anyone has any questions, by all means, contact me here or through PM!!!

Thanks again Gorgon! Dios te bendiga!

Respectfully,

Sua Sponte

thank you very much for this set of kind words. i am glad to know you were satisfied with the service...

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Many of us agree with you...

Just imagine how many times he travels - bus, taxi- doing that research!!
And many times the buyer nixes the deal and then walks away --

Gorgon is out his time & $$

How he fixes that ?? i

to use old phrase... tire kickers !!

I too was satisfied - he did all the legwork while I was out of country - like you

I can't say enough ........

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Many of us agree with you...

Just imagine how many times he travels - bus, taxi- doing that research!!
And many times the buyer nixes the deal and then walks away --

Gorgon is out his time & $$

How he fixes that ?? i

to use old phrase... tire kickers !!

I too was satisfied - he did all the legwork while I was out of country - like you

I can't say enough ........

thanks, WW...glad you were satisfied..

Garyexpat

Bronze
Sep 7, 2012
I too was pleased to not only take advantage of Gogon's services but to have the time to get to chat about our experiences here in the DR.

STILL waiting for that Jamaican meal though!!!

Pablo_E

Feb 19, 2019
Hello Gordon, I will come to DR next week Thusday, and I would like to buy a car. I would appreciate it, if you could help me. I am a new member of the forum and somehow I can't PM you, but I would give you my email adress, or whatsapp number to contact you in an easy way.

Pablo

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Hello Gordon, I will come to DR next week Thusday, and I would like to buy a car. I would appreciate it, if you could help me. I am a new member of the forum and somehow I can't PM you, but I would give you my email adress, or whatsapp number to contact you in an easy way.

Pablo

Good morning Pablo,

You need to make ten posts before you can send a message. I believe Gorgon still has a classified ad in the ads section.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Somehow the ad disappeared....

here is his contact info
call me at 829 546 3624, or shoot me an email at ....cafenegril1@yahoo.com

from another thread

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010

Pablo

just shoot me any info ...ww posted my email address...