Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2 unrelated questions

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default 2 unrelated questions

1. About the poop cisterns, or whatever those things are called... large underground containers where black waters accumulate. They are topped by a lid cemented in. There is also what they call a grease trap ahead of those containers for water from the kitchen. Now sometimes bad odor comes from the grease trap back up into the house. Someone tells me that an aerator is needed... that aerator is like a pipe coming out of the poop pool to hummm... aerate....All of a sudden I am worried... methane explosion??? How is this suppose to work really?

2. check engine light keeps coming on every time fuel tank is filled. The fuel cap is tighten well every time. I keep paying the mechanic to check the code and clear the check engine light. Every time he says you are wasting your money and my time. There is nothing wrong. Your car is fine. It happens all the time. Do I believe him?

Thank you !

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Neargale View Post
    1. About the poop cisterns, or whatever those things are called... large underground containers where black waters accumulate. They are topped by a lid cemented in. There is also what they call a grease trap ahead of those containers for water from the kitchen. Now sometimes bad odor comes from the grease trap back up into the house. Someone tells me that an aerator is needed... that aerator is like a pipe coming out of the poop pool to hummm... aerate....All of a sudden I am worried... methane explosion??? How is this suppose to work really?

2. check engine light keeps coming on every time fuel tank is filled. The fuel cap is tighten well every time. I keep paying the mechanic to check the code and clear the check engine light. Every time he says you are wasting your money and my time. There is nothing wrong. Your car is fine. It happens all the time. Do I believe him?

Thank you !
    #2. What is the code being recorded each time it happens? That is the first place to start.

How old is the car/fuel cap? The symptoms indicate a vapor pressure problem (leak) somewhere..........and if tightening the cap does not do the job, perhaps you might want to try replacing the cap itself.

Or do what most Dominicans do..........ignore the light altogether.

Respectfully,
    Playacaribe2

3. Likes Neargale liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

or... as was my case.... it means poor gas.

Try a tank of premium....
    I use 50/50 -- reg/prem.... no more light

5. Likes Neargale liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

1. Yes a campo sceptic tank made by the local boys will have a PVC pipe sticking out of it to get rid of excess gasses.
    Whereas a more professionaly built one will not be apparent------ they are "camoflaged"------- I have 2 along the pipes, on the roof of my house, and 2 at the actual tank...... but you would have to search for them, if you see what i mean.

7. Likes Neargale liked this post
    No fui yo!
    Post Thanks / Like

A properly functioning septic tank needs no vent at the tank - it is off gassed through the house vent piping

9. Likes bob saunders, jinty05, cobraboy, Neargale liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

No idea about the sh** hole

Check engine light is permanently on in my 2014 Jeep GC, I only use Premium from Total (recommended by the dealer where I bought the car). The check engine light was actually off for like 8 days after the car got flooded and they had to change all the electric modules. Came back on after a while and never went off again. I guess it is the gas. Car is perfectly fine. I ignore it.

11. Likes Neargale liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

I bought a cheap scanner to check those warnings

Cheap... if it’s serious.... I take it to the fixer...in Nagua

Too many trips to see the poor gas was the problem

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Get the code and Google it. Usually a O2 sensor but it could be serious

14. Likes bob saunders liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by melphis View Post
    Get the code and Google it. Usually a O2 sensor but it could be serious
    Mechanic does not talk "code" with little old lady! ;-)
    Need new mechanic before I maim this one!

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by william webster View Post
    I bought a cheap scanner to check those warnings

Cheap... if it’s serious.... I take it to the fixer...in Nagua

Too many trips to see the poor gas was the problem
    I will try a tank of better gasoline.
    I thought the code checker was geared to brand of car but I see it is not. Any Canadian Tire special will do?
    I did change the gas cap... same thing. Mechanic says maybe the float in the tank

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast