Asotrapusa stops between Las Terrenas and Santo Domingo?

lara05

Dec 17, 2018
Hi there,

I'll be taking the bus to Santo Domingo from Las Terrenas for my flight back to the US and I'm trying to figure out the best place to stay. (I'll fly into Sto Dom and will spend a few days there and would love to see something different on my way out of the DR.)

Does the Asotrapusa bus go through Sto Dom Este and make stops? I'm thinking I could get off and take a taxi to Boca Chica for the night before my flight.

Thanks in advance! Welcome any advice.

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Hi there,

I'll be taking the bus to Santo Domingo from Las Terrenas for my flight back to the US and I'm trying to figure out the best place to stay. (I'll fly into Sto Dom and will spend a few days there and would love to see something different on my way out of the DR.)

Does the Asotrapusa bus go through Sto Dom Este and make stops? I'm thinking I could get off and take a taxi to Boca Chica for the night before my flight.

Thanks in advance! Welcome any advice.

Have you been to the Colonial Zone. If you like history I would consider going there. There is a very nice, reasonably priced hotel called Hotel Conde de Penalba located at the end of El Conde in Columbus Square across from the oldest church in the new world. I wouldn't waste my time with Boca Chica.

lara05

Dec 17, 2018
Thanks! I’ll be in the Zona Colonial two days when I arrive to the DR. I was thinking it would be nice to have my last night on the beach before I fly out. It didn’t seem to be that Sto Dom had much beach swimming so I thought Boca Chica would work.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Thanks! I’ll be in the Zona Colonial two days when I arrive to the DR. I was thinking it would be nice to have my last night on the beach before I fly out. It didn’t seem to be that Sto Dom had much beach swimming so I thought Boca Chica would work.

https://www.hotelzapata.com/

Nice small inexpensive hotel for a night or two.

Boca Chica is not a 5* beach but it can be relaxing and enjoyable. Just don't set your beach standards too high and you will be fine.

TropicalPaul

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
I'm not sure if the OP is a lady - I assume that Lara may be - but in case she is, I am really unsure as to whether Boca Chica is a good option for a woman to stay in on her own. At night the whole town is very seedy, full of cheap hookers, it's not somewhere I would recommend.

RonS

Bronze
Oct 18, 2004
If you do decide to go to Boca Chica and choose not to stay in Santo Domingo, you have the option to get off the bus at the intersection of the Samana highway and the highway en route to Santo Domingo. There you can find a taxi to Boca Chica. It is less expensive than traveling by taxi from SD to Boca Chica.

lara05

Dec 17, 2018
Thank you to everyone for their suggestions and ideas.

RonS: do you mean I could get off way up north at where highway 5 (Samana peninsula/northern coastline) meets highway 7 (toward Sto Dom) and take a taxi to Boca Chica? I'm surprised that it would be cheaper than the 40$ from Sto Dom to the airport since the distance is so much longer. Thanks for the suggestion!

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005

RonS: do you mean I could get off way up north at where highway 5 (Samana peninsula/northern coastline) meets highway 7 (toward Sto Dom) and take a taxi to Boca Chica? I'm surprised that it would be cheaper than the 40$ from Sto Dom to the airport since the distance is so much longer. Thanks for the suggestion!

No, no, no.......
I am almost certain RonS means to get off the bus where highway 7 meets highway 3.

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010

When Transporte Las Terrenas arrives at the end of the SD/Samana highway the bus will stop at the small bus station about 15 minutes away from SDQ. From here you could catch a taxi to Boca Chica. Much closer than going all the way into Santo Domingo and then getting a taxi back to Boca Chica.

RonS

Bronze
Oct 18, 2004
Yes, exactly as Steve said. There are always taxis waiting there. Enjoy your visit!