Tour Guide in Santa Barbara de Samana

Apr 8, 2005
I'm looking for a tour guide in Samana City later this month. I had a referral from a very reliable source, but the tour guide has not returned my email. at this point i'm borderline desperate to make a connection in advance of my trip there. Unfortunately, the Ministry of Tourism has been less than helpful and impossible to speak with a representative. Does anyone know of someone or company? Thanks!

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
I'm looking for a tour guide in Samana City later this month. I had a referral from a very reliable source, but the tour guide has not returned my email. at this point i'm borderline desperate to make a connection in advance of my trip there. Unfortunately, the Ministry of Tourism has been less than helpful and impossible to speak with a representative. Does anyone know of someone or company? Thanks!

What specifically are you hoping to see with a tour guide in Samana City? It would help if you could narrow this down? Whale watching, zip lining....?

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Find a Taxi driver that speaks English and negotiate a price for taking you around. They know all the spots in Samana and Las Galeras. And try and go to Playa Rincon beach.

Apr 8, 2005
Thanks for the suggestions. I perhaps will just hire a local driver. Specifically, I am going to research the local population of the 'Samana Americans'. I've read the related articles on this site and online elsewhere. However, it's been extremely difficult to establish a local contact there.

PlataSI

Feb 14, 2019
Thanks for the suggestions. I perhaps will just hire a local driver. Specifically, I am going to research the local population of the 'Samana Americans'. I've read the related articles on this site and online elsewhere. However, it's been extremely difficult to establish a local contact there.

Me and my wife are staying in the area - we know a few good people that speak english as well. approx what dates?
What are you looking to see? A bit of everything in the area?

Apr 8, 2005
A belated thank you for your response. I am planning a return trip to Samana City later this winter. I would love to get any referrals you may have. Thanks very much!