Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Attention: DR1 Daily News contributor robbed at home

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow...so sorry to be reading this, it sounds horrific but thank God you are OK, albeit battered and bruised. Take good care of yourself.

2. Likes Matilda liked this post
    Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

If anyone would like to contribute to her medical fund, here’s the link.

https://www.gofundme.com/fskn4j-help..._co_campmgmt_w

Super Moderator
    DR1.com

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Matilda, it sounds like you did everything you were supposed to in such a situation. Sorry this happened to you. Yes, I know we would be most concerned about our pups (i.e. take the money...leave the dogs, and us alone). Interesting he didn't just take the cash and get out to avoid any trouble, but these guys are not the brightest. Get will fast.

Moderator - Ladies Only Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RockyM View Post
    Matilda, it sounds like you did everything you were supposed to in such a situation. Sorry this happened to you. Yes, I know we would be most concerned about our pups (i.e. take the money...leave the dogs, and us alone). Interesting he didn't just take the cash and get out to avoid any trouble, but these guys are not the brightest. Get will fast.
    I dont think he expected anyone in the house, as everyone knows we live here, Dominican man, blonde gringa. I have a Canadian friend (female blonde) staying with me and she was out running with Danilo. He seemed surprised to see me and kept screaming "don't look at me". He was terrified of being identified. That is why I think he decided best to dispose of me so I couldn't id him. Idiot. Matilda's cannot be disposed of that easily and now he is in much more trouble than if he had just taken the money.

Matilda

Moderator Ladies Only Forum
    www.DR1.com

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Ewwww.... sorry to hear what happened to you. I wish you a full recovery and hope everything goes well.

7. Likes Matilda, sabra liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

So sorry this has happened and glad you are still with us, which is the important thing here. A few words of advise:

- Lay low for the time being

- Keep house secured at all times

- Don't divulge to much information just yet

- Always have someone around, never home alone

- Follow strict medical guidance

I could only hope the perv gets caught right away, and of course - I wish you well!

No fui yo!
    Post Thanks / Like

Very discouraging news. Sorry for the fright and cuts.
    I know my dog would have barked and likely charged a stranger and certainly would have attacked if I was being pummeled.

But I'm with you money is nothing but paper - don't harm my dog.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow, what an incredible story, that shows that lightning does indeed strike twice. I am glad to hear that you are back home with just bumps and bruises this time.
    How is your friend doing? I'm sure this isn't what she expected to have happen on her trip.
    And when is your trip back to the UK? I think you need a change of scenery.

mob

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Default I want to be like you, when I grow up !

So sorry to hear this news, I am glad you are allright (while still amazed at your poise and bravery).

Wishing you a speedy recovery !!

12. Likes Matilda liked this post
    Moderator - Ladies Only Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mobrouser View Post
    Wow, what an incredible story, that shows that lightning does indeed strike twice. I am glad to hear that you are back home with just bumps and bruises this time.
    How is your friend doing? I'm sure this isn't what she expected to have happen on her trip.
    And when is your trip back to the UK? I think you need a change of scenery.

mob
    Lightning did strike twice but in different places so not sure that counts! Friend staying as wanted to see the real DR - bit spooked me thinks and may cut trip short but has learned lots of medical terms in Spanish, seen a Dominican hospital in action, and has a list of over 50 men, inc hospital staff and policemen wanting to go out with her - so not all bad. Just got back from the UK so will be fine here. In my experience, going away does not help, just get straight back on the bike after the accident is the best way to solve any potential mental issues.

Mat.

Moderator Ladies Only Forum
    www.DR1.com

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast