Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Attention: DR1 Daily News contributor robbed at home

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Matilda View Post
    Potential perps arrested, I made one identification and asked to hear his voice, and suggested alibi checked (haha) as I know the time exactly. That did not happen and am making the appropriate fuss. The fiscal has been excellent and professional, the medical examiner excellent but reserving judgement until another 15 days have passed in case of further brain related complications, and another CAT scan. Colonel from Santiago Rodriguez excellent. But law says perps have to be released after 48 hours but it is known where they live and Mr. Mat and I are continuing to look for concrete evidence. I did have basic insurance but was not accepted by the clinic where the neuro surgeon is, and unfortunately I needed a neuro surgeon. I will upgrade as soon as able to do so.
    Thanks all for your continued good wishes.

Matilda
    Truly sorry to hear about what has occurred here. I hope that you make a full recovery, but having been through some very difficult things myself lately here in this country-I know the psychological scars will linger on for a while yet.

On a side note-you may have found the only fiscal in this country that actually intends to investigate crime. Here's a word of advice-never sign any 'acuerdo' or 'concilleracion', if the suspects are fully apprehended and identified. I recommend to get a good criminal lawyer. Prepare for a game with this fiscal. Prepare to file an 'objecion' and 'qurella' in the courts to prosecute. Remember that you get only 5 business days from receiving a Provisional Archivo document signed and dated to file the objection in the courts and get a judge to overturn the Public Ministry's attempt to archive your case for one bogus reason or another. Remember, justice takes a backseat to money here in this country-those that pay can play-victims of crime need to pay as well. LOL.

2. Likes Buzzard liked this post
    Dislikes mobrouser disliked this post
    Moderator - Ladies Only Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jimmythegreek View Post
    Truly sorry to hear about what has occurred here. I hope that you make a full recovery, but having been through some very difficult things myself lately here in this country-I know the psychological scars will linger on for a while yet.

On a side note-you may have found the only fiscal in this country that actually intends to investigate crime. Here's a word of advice-never sign any 'acuerdo' or 'concilleracion', if the suspects are fully apprehended and identified. I recommend to get a good criminal lawyer. Prepare for a game with this fiscal. Prepare to file an 'objecion' and 'qurella' in the courts to prosecute. Remember that you get only 5 business days from receiving a Provisional Archivo document signed and dated to file the objection in the courts and get a judge to overturn the Public Ministry's attempt to archive your case for one bogus reason or another. Remember, justice takes a backseat to money here in this country-those that pay can play-victims of crime need to pay as well. LOL.
    Thank you for all your advice and the time you took to write. Husband is a lawyer, big guns on the case, will advise outcome when am able to do so safely. To date have only been treated with respect and total professionalism and a complete lack of games of any type. Justice can work here, if you know and understand the system - although I know it can be difficult.

Matilda

Moderator Ladies Only Forum
    www.DR1.com

4. Likes Polar Bear, cobraboy, mountainannie liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Lindsey, I am just now reading about this. You are one heck of a woman! Glad it wasn’t any worse. Living in the campo myself, I know that everyone talks. What are the others in your campo saying? When crime happens here where I am the perpetrator is usually from somewhere else. Be well, wise strong woman. You are a heroine!

Lindsey

6. Likes Matilda, Polar Bear, mountainannie liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Matilda I respect and admire your ability to persevere. And having followed your blog for years, I also think you should buy a lottery ticket. I hope the thug that did this to you gets both “court” and street justice. Bless your heart for your optimistic outlook and may you recover quickly.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

I am sorry to hear about your terrible experience, and like others I am glad you seem to be fine and hopefully getting some justice....

9. Likes Matilda liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rfp View Post
    Another example of how a life with savages results in savagery. There is nothing that she could have done differently. Sadly these are the risks of living in the RD and another example of why I have no desire to expose my beloved children to the lowest common denominator of humanity
    It's unfortunate, but I am seeing more of this activity lately around my parts in the Capital-seems like things are getting worse in many ways rather than better-possibly the economic situation has something to do with this-either way-I reiterate my last post that the risks here seem greater now and the Fiscal and legal system is something less than desirable in dealing with criminal activity.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow! I just tuned in!
    Quite the happenings, for sure.
    I believe the ''cool head'' is more the credit for survival than a tough lady... from the initial contact until they departed. and not really a ''stick-up''.
    ''Don't hurt the dogs''... what a tremendous response.... Matilda thinking of others ; especially her dogs.
    No doubt this was a crime of opportunity ; one where the perp thought no one was home.

Good on ya! Matilda.
    A good friend of mine stated that a gaggle of geese are far better watch-creatures than dogs..... not sure myself ; but worth the thoughts.....
    Get well soon!
    Russell

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Russell View Post
    Wow! I just tuned in!
    Quite the happenings, for sure.
    I believe the ''cool head'' is more the credit for survival than a tough lady... from the initial contact until they departed. and not really a ''stick-up''.
    ''Don't hurt the dogs''... what a tremendous response.... Matilda thinking of others ; especially her dogs.
    No doubt this was a crime of opportunity ; one where the perp thought no one was home.

Good on ya! Matilda.
    A good friend of mine stated that a gaggle of geese are far better watch-creatures than dogs..... not sure myself ; but worth the thoughts.....
    Get well soon!
    Russell
    Ha. Got rid of the geese over Christmas. Far too noisy, far too vicious and kept attacking me, the dogs and the chickens. They may be reinstated.

Matilda

www.DR1.com

13. Likes bienamor liked this post
    Moderator - Clown Central
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Matilda View Post
    Ha. Got rid of the geese over Christmas. Far too noisy, far too vicious and kept attacking me, the dogs and the chickens. They may be reinstated.

Matilda
    Donate some as the perp´s cell mate.
    Clown Central

Be Serious

15. Likes Matilda liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Here is an update, a week after the attack. I was not targeted; my husband was not targeted. This was a random attack. Two young guys were in the woods which many houses back on to, scoping out potential homes to rob. They saw my female Canadian visitor and Mr. Mat going out for a run and assumed our house was empty. One stayed with the motorcycle and the other came into our house expecting it to be empty. I saw his face, he pulled out a gun, and he was terrified, screaming at me not to look at him. Hence, I had to be eliminated and he was within 30 seconds of doing so by suffocation when Mr. Mat and friend came back. He then hit my hard on the temple (according to the neuro surgeon that is what they do in lucha libre as bleeds so much) hoping the deed was done. Luckily it wasn’t.

The police and judiciary have been very good – three different police forces involved, daily visits, statements, medical examinations, fiscals, evidence and it is known who the guys were and the police are on the case and I am confident they will resolve the crime.

It took me a while to work it out. The guy looked Dominican but he wasn’t. He spoke Dominican Spanish but he didn’t. He looked Dominican but he wasn't Dominicans don’t use suffocation nor the level of violence I experienced. And this guy had done it before – he was a professional. Eventually I realized although it took me a few days. He was Venezuelan. I had no idea there were any here.

So, I am still under the doctors. I get tired very easily, especially if I have to concentrate. I forget words and which language I am speaking in, I forget why I went into the kitchen or the bathroom. I have a paper and pen to write things down on so I remember what I have to do. I also need help walking as am still a bit shaky on my feet. The bruises are healing slowly although more are appearing at the same time. I need to see an ophthalmologist as I have things floating in my eye and keep an eye out for convulsions or any neurological issues. I also need another cat scan.

Thank you again for all of your support.

Matilda

www.DR1.com

17. Likes Polar Bear, westcan liked this post
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast