Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Attention: DR1 Daily News contributor robbed at home

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Attention: DR1 Daily News contributor robbed at home

Big News:

The News Contributor is our own Matilda.

Quote Originally Posted by DR1 News
    63-year old Lindsay Firth, who contributes to the DR1 Daily News, was assaulted at gunpoint at her home in Cacique, Monción municipality in northwestern Santiago Rodríguez province. As reported in El Nacional, she handed in the cash but resisted being gagged and suffered a serious injury on the forehead, the Police reported. The police described the wounds as a blunt blow and a traumatic wound on the forehead.

According to the police, the Firth was assaulted when she was alone in the morning at her residence, located in the Cacique en Monción section. As reported, she had left the front door open and the thief penetrated gun in hand demanding she turn in the money she had. The police say she was hospitalized in Mao.

https://elnacional.com.do/revelan-40...ta-sin-seguro/
    Get better soon, Lindsay!!!!!!!

Arrangements have been made to help defray medical expenses, and any help you can provide would be appreciated.
    Last edited by AlterEgo; 02-07-2019 at 11:48 AM.
    Cabin Attendant,
    Augusto Pinochet Helicopter Tours

2. Likes malko liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Please post details about how we can contribute.
    Moderator East Coast Forum

www.DR1.com

4. Likes ctrob, Polar Bear liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Cabin Attendant,
    Augusto Pinochet Helicopter Tours

Moderator - Ladies Only Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks so much CB. As usual the standard of journalistic reporting is a tad off. I was sitting at my computer just about to begin the DR news at 9.30 am. My husband and a Canadian female friend (also blonde) staying with us had gone for a run. A young Dominican man entered the back door, which was unlocked as they had just left, pointed a gun at me and asked for money. I said no problem, asked him not to panic, asked him not to harm 2 of my dogs sitting with me at the computer, raised my arms and stood up, walked from behind my computer and towards my handbag on the table. He kept screaming do not look at me, so I handed him my glasses which he folded neatly and put on the table. He would not let me give him the money, around RD$9,000, but made me lay face down on the floor, screaming at me to lie on my face repeatedly and becoming more and more agitated. I never resisted I did as told. I lay down on my face, he pulled my arms behind my back, bent my legs behind my back, put on latex gloves, and sat on my back. He then proceeded to stuff my mouth with a cloth and cover my nose with it. I fought as hard as I could, but I could not breathe. I pretended to be dead ( I have seen that on crime shows), didn't work, he just kept slamming my face into the floor, eventually I passed out - after around a minute. I remember nothing after that. My husband and Canadian found me shortly after and I was unconscious but came to in the car on the way to the hosptial. At the same time a baseball size lump appeared and burst open on my head bleeding profusely so it was thought I had been shot. Xrays reveal no shooting, cat scan no bleeding in the brain. Am home, am OK, very bruised, especially face and all of my mouth is cut and bruised hence drinking Brugal is like drinking muriatic acid which is a great shame. Police being amazing, and seem to have changed my nationality away from Dominican to English even thought I have dual. The area police are now also involved. Thanks for all good wishes and especially thanks to CB for support.

https://www.revista110.online/direct...sa-en-moncion/

Moderator Ladies Only Forum
    www.DR1.com

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

SO sorry to hear this.... Matilda has had more than her share of woes there ... Speedy Recovery.. If someone can set up a PayPal link for her? (I collected contributions once from this Board once for a cause)..

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Matilda View Post
    Thanks so much CB. As usual the standard of journalistic reporting is a tad off. I was sitting at my computer just about to begin the DR news at 9.30 am. My husband and a Canadian female friend (also blonde) staying with us had gone for a run. A young Dominican man entered the back door, which was unlocked as they had just left, pointed a gun at me and asked for money. I said no problem, asked him not to panic, asked him not to harm 2 of my dogs sitting with me at the computer, raised my arms and stood up, walked from behind my computer and towards my handbag on the table. He kept screaming do not look at me, so I handed him my glasses which he folded neatly and put on the table. He would not let me give him the money, around RD$9,000, but made me lay face down on the floor, screaming at me to lie on my face repeatedly and becoming more and more agitated. I never resisted I did as told. I lay down on my face, he pulled my arms behind my back, bent my legs behind my back, put on latex gloves, and sat on my back. He then proceeded to stuff my mouth with a cloth and cover my nose with it. I fought as hard as I could, but I could not breathe. I pretended to be dead ( I have seen that on crime shows), didn't work, he just kept slamming my face into the floor, eventually I passed out - after around a minute. I remember nothing after that. My husband and Canadian found me shortly after and I was unconscious but came to in the car on the way to the hosptial. At the same time a baseball size lump appeared and burst open on my head bleeding profusely so it was thought I had been shot. Xrays reveal no shooting, cat scan no bleeding in the brain. Am home, am OK, very bruised, especially face and all of my mouth is cut and bruised hence drinking Brugal is like drinking muriatic acid which is a great shame. Police being amazing, and seem to have changed my nationality away from Dominican to English even thought I have dual. The area police are now also involved. Thanks for all good wishes and especially thanks to CB for support.

YOU are the bravest woman that I have ever met! To go through such an event with such poise and elan! So sorry that this happened but so glad that you are up and about. I am fully of admiration for you - many others would crumble... RESPECT

Moderator - Ladies Only Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

I should have mentioned he only took the money. Didn't take my cedula, bank cards, lap tops, phone, camera - nothing. Nor did he harm the dogs. On Z101 this morning - radio station - they suggested that thieves should not rob tourists (which it appears I still am) and should check cedulas first!

Matilda

Moderator Ladies Only Forum
    www.DR1.com

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

I should have mentioned he only took the money. Didn't take my cedula, bank cards, lap tops, phone, camera - nothing. Nor did he harm the dogs. On Z101 this morning - radio station - they suggested that thieves should not rob tourists (which it appears I still am) and should check cedulas first!

Matilda
    You're lucky he didn't kill you. The police in this country know exactly who is
    doing what. Offer a small but reasonable reward and the perp will be caught
    in a few hours. I hope you heal quickly and get well soon.

11. Likes Matilda liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Well glad to hear that things although serious are not as bad as thought. I guess the need to secure doors is necessary even in the campo. Funny your dogs didn't hear him.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

If anyone can Keep Calm and Carry On it is indeed Matilda! Wishing you a speedy recovery.

14. Likes Matilda, mountainannie, irishpaddy liked this post
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast