Another Dominican airline?

How long will this one last?

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
Another Dominican airline?

How long will this one last?

Sky is not new airline, they have been flying long ago the lesser islands, they was working only with travel agencies, after Pawa bankrupcy they wake up and are opening more destinations, now you can book online also www.skyhighdominicana.com. They have base in SDQ. Also Air Century is opening more destinations but flying from JBQ in Santo Domingo too.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Does $400 RT seem about right for a flight to PR? Seems still pretty high. Are there heavy taxes on the DR side? or on the US side? The flight can't be much more than 1/2 hour?

6:27pm - 7:27pm
JetBlue Airways logo
JetBlue Airways
Very Good Flights (7.9/10)
1h 0m (Nonstop)
Entertainment information
Departure airport: SDQ - Arrival airport: SJU
$181
one way
Free cancel within 24 hrs Free Cancel w/in 24 hrs
Details & baggage fees Details and baggage fees for result 1

Found this price on Jet Blue, same route. One way price.

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
6:27pm - 7:27pm
JetBlue Airways logo
JetBlue Airways
Very Good Flights (7.9/10)
1h 0m (Nonstop)
Entertainment information
Departure airport: SDQ - Arrival airport: SJU
$181
one way
Free cancel within 24 hrs Free Cancel w/in 24 hrs
Details & baggage fees Details and baggage fees for result 1

Found this price on Jet Blue, same route. One way price.

So RT would still be about $40 cheaper and is with a REAL airline.
Bob K

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
So RT would still be about $40 cheaper and is with a REAL airline.
Bob K

If you read the article you will see that is not flying to SJU, San Juan is almost in the west side of Puerto Rico and Sky is flying to the east coast of Puerto Rico, so for those people living arround there will be good option as they wont need to go all the way to San Juan to travel.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
If you read the article you will see that is not flying to SJU, San Juan is almost in the west side of Puerto Rico and Sky is flying to the east coast of Puerto Rico, so for those people living arround there will be good option as they wont need to go all the way to San Juan to travel.

So it won't be good for tourists looking to go to San Juan. Sounds like another loser to me.

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
I wouldn't fly with them. They have a poor safety record. A few years ago, one of their Piper Cherokees crashed in a golf course off Punta Cana, killing all on board.

I have also witnessed several maintenance practices on that Beech 19 that would make me stay away.

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
I wouldn't fly with them. They have a poor safety record. A few years ago, one of their Piper Cherokees crashed in a golf course off Punta Cana, killing all on board.

I have also witnessed several maintenance practices on that Beech 19 that would make me stay away.

Well they fly every day to diferents destinations, if they really have bad maintenance for sure something will be happening ever month.