English speaking vet on north coast

snowqueen

Dec 15, 2004
I'm in Costambar and need to get my dog checked. Does anyone have recommendations? Since I don't have a car, I would prefer a vet in or close to Puerto Plata.

cruzan1

Sep 12, 2016
Dr. Bob in Sousa - fantastic vet. He is located across the street from Ocean Village, just past the Next gas station.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Many suggest him....

Dr De La Cruz is just across the street from him... good too.

Neither close to Pto Plata

judypdr

Jul 23, 2011
Costambar
I'm assuming by now you have taken your dog to the vet. There are several in Puerto Plata but none speak
English well as far as I know. I've seen two here but was not impressed by their office. I had a spanish-speaking friend with me to no English wasn't really an issue. I've also taken my dog to Dr. De La Cruz and Dr. Bob. I like them equally well for different reasons. PM me if you want to know what I think...

snowqueen

Dec 15, 2004
It is a health check for travel. I don't leave for 2 months and wanted to line up a vet in advance. I guess it's off to Sosua for us.

Jan 17, 2009
I've changed to Dr. Cruz recently, but not sure he knows about the paperwork you need. Dr. Bob does. He's done it for numerous people over the years. (and he's a native English speaker :)