Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 911 REALLy.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default 911 REALLy.

So I have read many times that 911 is basically for noise complaints, so for the first time in 12 years living here , I tried to call 911. Music, I use that loosely, so loud, unbielevable, after 14 calls to 911, no answer, 3 times busy signal, thank god did not have someone breaking into my home, or major crime... why is there emergency number with no answer, anyone else had similar experience? I do not want to abuse system, but reall?.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

It was initially basically for noise complaints. Think of how many of those they must have here!

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank god not a thief, or worse, and a true emergency with home invasion, etc. busy signal? And no answer after 12 calls, unbelievable, happy to be alive, really!?

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by milo View Post
    Thank god not a thief, or worse, and a true emergency with home invasion, etc. busy signal? And no answer after 12 calls, unbelievable, happy to be alive, really!?
    Can you be more explicit because 911 is not avilable in whole country yet, I live in San Pedro and I have seen them working in street emergency, so please tell us your location.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

My neighbour's car went up in flames a few weeks ago and she managed to contact them on the first try. Policia nacional arrived first the bomberos. It's only been working in Punta Cana for several weeks so we were pretty impressed.

And btw, it's not only for noise complaints, they cover basically all emergencies.

Sent from my BLN-L24 using Tapatalk

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

It works in Santo Trafficjam.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Celt202 View Post
    It works in Santo Trafficjam.
    My first though is that he is living in some area where 911 is not working Yet, if you call 911 from an area with no service call do not connect

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KateP View Post
    My neighbour's car went up in flames a few weeks ago and she managed to contact them on the first try. Policia nacional arrived first the bomberos. It's only been working in Punta Cana for several weeks so we were pretty impressed.

And btw, it's not only for noise complaints, they cover basically all emergencies.

Sent from my BLN-L24 using Tapatalk
    In Punta Cana Government programs usually work well... the saying in Punta Cana is don"t mess with the tourists

all because a ton of money is earned there for the Government...

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

It works in Cabarete. My neighbour was being robbed and was able to alert me. I called 911 and the police came round in force within 10 mins.

In fact when I was on the phone, the operator asked me if I spoke English. When I told her yes, the conversation switched to very good English.

A few hours after the incident they called me back and wanted to know if my neighbour needed further support and that investigations were in progress to find the perpetrator. A sole attacker had penetrated the property and was holding a knife against the neck of their young son. A bit more serious than a noise complaint.

10. Likes ctrob, chico bill, drstock, KateP, Conchman liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

It worked when I called 911, near Imbert....... the only problem was the operator had no clue of the lay of the land..... she ended up patching me through to the ambulance driver and we agreed to meet up, half way.
    It was for a guy who was injured in a motorbike accident.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast