CPS pulls a boner

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
For those of you who use CPS, a few weeks ago they sent out an e-mail with a new address.
Seems in that notification they sent the wrong suite number and two of my packages are in limbo.
Will they cover them or try to find them - I doubt that.
For the time being I am switching to Encargo Pak.
I know sh*t happens but you think a shipping company would get their own change of address correct ?
So if you shipped anything to Suite 110B - don't expect to see it !

This is the e-mail I received today correcting their address:

Dear clients,

USPS (United Postal Service) is not recognizing the Suite 110B. Please edit your address and replace the Suite 110B to Suite 110A.

We are very sorry for any inconvenience this might be.

Your new freight address should look as the following:

NAME AND LAST NAME
8550 NW 17th St. Suite 110A
SS-XXXXX
Doral, Fl. 33126 United States
Ph: 305-471-0000

Thank you!

Sincerely,

CPS Sosua/Cabarete Team

Queridos clientes,

USPS (Servicio Postal) no está reconociendo nuestra Suite 110B. Por favor, edite su dirección reemplazando la Suite 110B por la Suite 110A.

Disculpe el inconveniente.

Su dirección aérea debe ser como el siguiente ejemplo:

Anyone else have lost packages and what are you doing to find them ?

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
This happened once with EPS in Doral. But the packages were delivered anyway. Then the post office recognized the new address. I think you will get your package in a day or two. At least I mean delivered to Doral.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Honestly -- if USPS can't figure out 'next door'.....what's next ???

I don't think it's a matter of whose next door. These "Suite" numbers are big PO boxes. It's been over two weeks and USPS hasn't been able to get it to CPS. Not USPS's fault. Hopefully it will return to sender and I can resend it to Encargo Pak.
But my second package is from Europe (drugs for the dog). I suspect that is $70 I'll write off.

And after USPS sent me notification of undeliverable address I went to CPS and they reconfirmed the wrong Suite number.

Just another hassle.
For the money they make (which is a lot) they should be a little more careful.
I'm sure there are hundreds of packages lost in the ether.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
After the good rate you posted to ship 4 shock absorbers, I checked with the one in Cabarete on shipping some things back to Miami. Two boxes - 75lbs/ea. $2700 USD!!!

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
This happened once with EPS in Doral. But the packages were delivered anyway. Then the post office recognized the new address. I think you will get your package in a day or two. At least I mean delivered to Doral.

Eps was another matter, they hadn’t moved it was a reorganization of municipality names used by usps. Doral became Miami. Eps published the change but then usps didn’t recognize it until some time after.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
After the good rate you posted to ship 4 shock absorbers, I checked with the one in Cabarete on shipping some things back to Miami. Two boxes - 75lbs/ea. $2700 USD!!!

Buy a Business class ticket on American - Two checked bags at 70 lbs each are free

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009

Use Awilda in NYC
My friend is installing a new suspension system in his car
All parts coming from USA via Awilda... no tax

Awilda Shipping

Jan 17, 2009
Got this Email today but not the change of address, which apprantely they sent two weeks ago. I contacted them and they said they will be receiving in old address for two more weeks.

For those of you who use CPS, a few weeks ago they sent out an e-mail with a new address.
Seems in that notification they sent the wrong suite number and two of my packages are in limbo.
Will they cover them or try to find them - I doubt that.
For the time being I am switching to Encargo Pak.
I know sh*t happens but you think a shipping company would get their own change of address correct ?
So if you shipped anything to Suite 110B - don't expect to see it !

This is the e-mail I received today correcting their address:

Dear clients,

USPS (United Postal Service) is not recognizing the Suite 110B. Please edit your address and replace the Suite 110B to Suite 110A.

We are very sorry for any inconvenience this might be.

Your new freight address should look as the following:

NAME AND LAST NAME
8550 NW 17th St. Suite 110A
SS-XXXXX
Doral, Fl. 33126 United States
Ph: 305-471-0000

Thank you!

Sincerely,

CPS Sosua/Cabarete Team

Queridos clientes,

USPS (Servicio Postal) no está reconociendo nuestra Suite 110B. Por favor, edite su dirección reemplazando la Suite 110B por la Suite 110A.

Disculpe el inconveniente.

Su dirección aérea debe ser como el siguiente ejemplo:

Anyone else have lost packages and what are you doing to find them ?

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
Use Awilda in NYC
My friend is installing a new suspension system in his car
All parts coming from USA via Awilda... no tax

Awilda Shipping

There was a thread awhile back with a lot of posts about different shippers. Must have had about 8 of them. Can't remember if Awilda was one, but I called all of them and none of them ship from the DR to the US. I'm guessing it probably has to do with all the drugs here and they don't want the liability.

CPS shipped back to the US, but via UPS. That's why it was so expensive.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
The shippers all seem to "move" from time to time. Encargopaq recently changed addresses and now wants you to put (A) for air or (M) for maritime shipping at the beginning of the address just before your name.

I called in to find out about a warranty repair shipment I was waiting for from Peavey Electronics that was overdue. It seems Peavey left out my Encargopaq "code" number in the shipping address despite my being clear that it should be included and we are now trying to track that down.

The only other incidents I have had with shipping has been a few "catches" by customs of items they wanted duty for even if they were under $200 and one years ago an iPhone was lost by USPS while still in the US and I eventually got that money back in my account.

If you are ordering anything that is more than a few pounds, it is best to get a fixed price quote from your normal shipper and from a company like Awilda. For larger items Awilda will almost always be cheaper and they guarantee the price door to door.

I always use my credit card now to order anything that I can from the US. It does a better job of covering such problems than does PayPal.

tee

Bronze
Sep 14, 2007
Cabarete
I have never had an issue with CPS and still think that they are the best company. However, for the first time since I started using them years ago I have two packages missing. I have had parcels delivered just about every week for the last few years and now, since they changed their address, I have 2 parcels missing, one of which is a Valentines present for my wife. They told me that they are still receiving parcels at the old address and not to worry, but both of these parcels are now 10 days late so I am not impressed. This will not deter me from using their services as I still think they give the best customer service in the area, even though Carlos and Elizabeth hardly ever come to the Sosua office any more, which is kind of disappointing as it was always a pleasure to see them. I hope that they get these missing parcels sorted out though otherwise it can cause a big problem for them.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Received an email yesterday from EPS to register with Aduanas before the end of the grace period. No word from CPS yet.

tee

Bronze
Sep 14, 2007
Cabarete
Received an email yesterday from EPS to register with Aduanas before the end of the grace period. No word from CPS yet.

CPS sent the Aduanas notification out today, I just did the registration, takes no more than 1 minute to do. I want to edit my post above regarding CPS but for some reason I cannot, they have found both of my missing packages and one was due to a mistake by the sender and the other one, well, not quite sure but at least it arrived. So that now makes CPS track record with me 100%. As I mentioned, I have literally had 100's of parcels delivered by CPS and now I can happily say that they have delivered every single one of them. Their customer service is second to none.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Spoke too soon, arrived moments ago from CPS...

Dear clients,

The norm 01-2018 put into effect in February 2018, regulates the fractionation of merchandise through courier companies, establishes the single customs register (RUA) of all users, as a requirement to receive their packages.

It's time to register. The deadline is July 28 of the current year. If you are not registered by then, you will not be able to receive packages.

Queridos clientes,

La norma 01-2018 puesta en vigor en Febrero de 2018, regula el fraccionamiento de mercancías a través de empresas courier, establece el registro único aduanero (RUA) de todos los usuarios, como requisito para recibir sus paquetes.

Llegó el momento de registrarte. El plazo vence el 28 de Julio del año en curso. De no haberte registrado, no podrás recibir paquetes.