Baby food

Julia31

Jan 4, 2012
Hello we are traveling to DR with our 6 months old daughter in May. Her baby formula we are bringing along but i was planning to buy her other baby food at the local supermarkets. But is it true that the quality is really bad and they only offer mashed fruits with added sugar? Are there no mashed veggies and potatoes and stuff like that? We will spend some time at an All I so we can't cook there

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
You can buy Gerber and Hero baby food at the supermarket chains like Nacional / Jumbo and probably La Sirena. I always found Bravo to be limited in what they offered in babyfood. You can also buy all the formula you need (Nutrilin but also many other brands.

If you can’t find a supermarket that has then try the drug stores. Farmacia Carol has them too (both formula and veggies / fruits.

Julia31

Jan 4, 2012
You can buy Gerber and Hero baby food at the supermarket chains like Nacional / Jumbo and probably La Sirena. I always found Bravo to be limited in what they offered in babyfood. You can also buy all the formula you need (Nutrilin but also many other brands.

If you can’t find a supermarket that has then try the drug stores. Farmacia Carol has them too (both formula and veggies / fruits.
Thank you very much Mauricio

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
there are several brands of baby food available, surprisingly enough in some stores you may find them in jams/preserves aisle. savoury selection is more limited than fruit based. look at the labels for more info. i used baby fruit pouches as running fuel, the one made by viva (or is it vita?) had no sugar added.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
There is a good range of baby foods and cereals in the supermarkets, and you can alternate the processed stuff with mashing fruits that don't need to be cooked, like avocado and banana.