Wingo will Fly to Santo Domingo starting April 12th.

Bred

Bronze
Aug 13, 2006
Sosua
Sounds good. Looked up the fares - even with 1 paid checked suitcase they are $100 cheaper than Avianca.

$210 roundtrip without baggage, $270 roundtrip with 1 suitcase.

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
Sounds good. Looked up the fares - even with 1 paid checked suitcase they are $100 cheaper than Avianca.

$210 roundtrip without baggage, $270 roundtrip with 1 suitcase.

Right, Im starting to think to go back Colombia for a weekend, Avianca will have to change and give better prices for sure.

aviastar

Bronze
Jan 12, 2003
www.www.www
Colombia is the greatest destination in LA for tourism, Dominicans must consider to visit Medellin in order to witness amazing progress this city had in the last decade. This country offers too many different places to visit, it is cheap and authentic, not like USA where you have nothing to see.

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
Colombia is the greatest destination in LA for tourism, Dominicans must consider to visit Medellin in order to witness amazing progress this city had in the last decade.

First time I vistited Colombia was Medellin andI loved, Colombia is 1st destination that Dominicans visit as we dont need visas, and in the 2nd. place now is Perú.

This country offers too many different places to visit, it is cheap and authentic, not like USA where you have nothing to see.

I would say more Dominicans has to start to think that USA is not the only place to go for vacations, but most of them do not know how to organize themself to plan a vacations and just go NY to vivist families with the excuse that hotels in others places are expensive. I couldnt get the USA visa but I travel every year and till now I have been in 10 diferents countries including Mexico and Canada, and counting, planning visit Europe.

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
Its being only one month and half that wingo started to fly to SDQ and today they announced will increase from 2 to 3 flights a week BOG-SDQ starting Sept. 4th. This is not in the note but BOG-PUJ will reduce from 4 flights a week to 3 flights starting Sept 3rd.

Bogota Colombia
The Wingo airline reported that it will increase its frequency of flights on the Santo Domingo - Bogotá route.

"With more than 3,500 passengers transported in just a month and a half of the route between the Dominican capital and Bogota, and after being selected, for the second year in a row, as the best low cost airline in Latin America by KAYAK travelers, today we want to celebrate with the addition of a third weekly flight on this successful route, "said Juan Sebastián Molano, Wingo communications manager.

Thus, from September 4, Wingo will increase its operation from two to three flights per week: on Monday, Wednesday and Friday; "so that all Dominicans who want to discover the #ModoWingo of Bogotá have a new option to fly well at a low price".

https://listindiario.com/economia/2...-vuelos-semanales-en-ruta-santo-domingobogota

Derfish

Gold
Jan 7, 2016
For those who likes to visit Bogotá Wingo will start to fly to SDQ 2 days a week, so now no needs to go to Punta Cana, they have schedule for friday and monday, very good price, cheaper than Avianca, Carry on is free.

http://wingo.com/es/vuelos-baratos-a-santo-domingo

I flew from Cartagena to Panama Panama for less than $100.00 two years ago. And they landed within a few miles of the city instead of out on corridor norte 30 miles out of town. Hope they can find their niche here.
Derfish

aviastar

Bronze
Jan 12, 2003
www.www.www
Airline with a terrible customer service. Flew with them PUJ BOG, then for return BOG PUJ when arrived to the airport 3 hours before flight there were only 4 counters for 4 flights departing together, then the staff had a problem with the system and I was checked in 50 minutes before flight , when I got to the gate it was closed, the agent said stated that they have no more buses to take me to the plane. My luggage was unloaded and this freaking airline offered me to pay penalty plus fare difference for s flight within 3 days. I purchased a ticket with Aviancafor the same day. Submitting a complain 2 months ago regarding this situation they responded that I will have a response within 15 days but nothing happened. Terrible airline with a poor customer service just like their parent Copa.

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
O
Airline with a terrible customer service. Flew with them PUJ BOG, then for return BOG PUJ when arrived to the airport 3 hours before flight there were only 4 counters for 4 flights departing together, then the staff had a problem with the system and I was checked in 50 minutes before flight , when I got to the gate it was closed, the agent said stated that they have no more buses to take me to the plane. My luggage was unloaded and this freaking airline offered me to pay penalty plus fare difference for s flight within 3 days. I purchased a ticket with Aviancafor the same day. Submitting a complain 2 months ago regarding this situation they responded that I will have a response within 15 days but nothing happened. Terrible airline with a poor customer service just like their parent Copa.

Well thats the risk to buy tickets with lowcost airline, Ryanair is quilifyed as the worse airline but their planes are always full of people traveling.

CG

Bronze
Sep 16, 2004
Colombia is the greatest destination in LA for tourism, Dominicans must consider to visit Medellin in order to witness amazing progress this city had in the last decade.

Everybody & Every Elected Official in Latin America, All Mayors, Tourism Ministers, Sanitation, Public Works etc should visit Medellin. It’s incredible what they’ve done and how they have educated their population in keeping the city clean!. Also incredible how they’ve integrated and made accessible the barrios such as Commune 13 to the city center, BRAVO !!!...
Medellin Urban Renewal = A++

Last edited:

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
Everybody & Every Elected Official in Latin America, All Mayors, Tourism Ministers, Sanitation, Public Works etc should visit Medellin. It’s incredible what they’ve done and how they have educated their population in keeping the city clean!. Also incredible how they’ve integrated and made accessible the barrios such as Commune 13 to the city center, BRAVO !!!...
Medellin Urban Renewal = A++

First country I visited was Colombia and went to Medellin and loved it in 2011

aviastar

Bronze
Jan 12, 2003
www.www.www
Ryanair is quilifyed as the worse airline but their planes are always full of people traveling.

Ryanair is not so bad. Wingo has no idea what is customer service . Being lowcoast airline does not mean being unprofessional.