US planes in DR?

Status
Not open for further replies.

barooosk

Oct 13, 2009
How come there is no news coverage of allegation by Cuba that the Dominican Republic is allowing US military planes to access air bases for a possible invasion in Venezuela

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
How come there is no news coverage of allegation by Cuba that the Dominican Republic is allowing US military planes to access air bases for a possible invasion in Venezuela
Since they cab land in Puerto Rico and Colombia why would they need to use the DR. I believe they hace access to Panama as well.

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010

Let's see, allegations by a Cuba, a communist country, against the US, making false claims, because as usual Cuba would rather have a corrupt, despicable, iron hand dictator as the leader of Venezuela rather than allow the citizens the freedoms of a democracy. I guess you must be right after all Modera , the hand picked succesor to Hugo Chavez are such great guys. NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dr_Taylor

Oct 18, 2017
Let's see, allegations by a Cuba, a communist country, against the US, making false claims, because as usual Cuba would rather have a corrupt, despicable, iron hand dictator as the leader of Venezuela rather than allow the citizens the freedoms of a democracy. I guess you must be right after all Modera , the hand picked succesor to Hugo Chavez are such great guys. NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Forgive me if I am off-topic, but does not the US support its friends in KSA; the latter being farther from "democracy" than Cuba? And which country supported the Shah of Iran, who overthrew a moderate, democratic government in Iran?

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
There is always a high ranking Military Officer from the US stationed here. Usually a Colonel. When I first came here and was at San Isidro doing work for the FAD I was the one meeting him when he came.

barooosk

Oct 13, 2009

The allegation that the US military was using the Dominican Republic as a transit point to Venezuela was contained in coverage on the crisis in Venezuela in the BBC evening news on Wednesday night.

Fernandez

Bronze
Jan 4, 2002
If the United States was inclined to intervene in Venezuela, the depth, magnitude and coordinated delivery of military power from this nation would would start around breakfast and by lunch that same day a USA flag would be hanging over the Palacio Nacional de Miraflores.

Should they wish to test American power and this President once an action is initiated is self-destruction.
Everything else is b.s. It might be an interesting news item for a week.

KyleMackey

Bronze
Apr 20, 2015
Since they cab land in Puerto Rico and Colombia why would they need to use the DR. I believe they hace access to Panama as well.

All 3 would serve as good staging areas. The US ship Comfort has been docked in Colombia for some time, a few miles from VZ, giving medical treatment to Venezuelans.

[video=youtube;34NpP0H5XJE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34NpP0H5XJE[/video]

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Since we’ve veered off USA military in DR, I’m closing this. Please continue posting in the Venezuela thread in the Off Topic Forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.