Lost Wallet returned!!

Don PISTOLAS

Mar 6, 2018
Yesterday I stopped in at Bravo in Santiago. I breezed through the express line. Little did I know I misplaced my wallet at some point during check.

As my wife and I were getting ready to go out for Valentines day. I realized I misplaced my wallet. We searched the house and car to no avail. We decided to go ahead with our dinner plans at Aloha de Sol. Which by the way was excellent. Great foos and huge portions!

On the way I decided to pass by Bravo just to check. As soon as I got within eye sight. The cashiers eye lit up. I knew they had my wallet!! She directed me to customer service. Who then called over security. I signed a book. And off I went. They had returned many items. Cell phones, purses ect. Were all logged in this book!!

DR gets bashed here a lot. I understand a lot of its short comings. But IMO things are rapidily changing for the better in some areas. I use to loathe Santiago. Now, I wouldnt choose to live anywhere else!!

Have a great weekend everyone!!

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Several years ago, Mr.AE left his wallet on the car dashboard, parked outside of his mother's house in Santo Domingo, with the window open. Yeah, I know. He ran back out and it was gone. About an hour later, someone showed up at mom's door with the wallet, they recognized his photo on his driver's license. Wallet returned, everything except cash in it. We were amazed.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
OP,

Keep in mind that the owners of the Bravo supermarket chain is a very religious Spanish family (I think they are from the Asturias region of Spain) and they manage their business according to their Christian faith. While this doesn’t guarantee that an employee could be rouge, from my understanding they make sure the people they hire are on the more moral side of things and they instill those values on their employees via their company culture. That’s one of the reasons Bravo is always closed on Sunday (Holy Sabbath day) despite the millions that they know are losing by not opening their doors. Its also why they don’t sell alcohol (according to the owners, to not be part of the problem with irresponsible alcohol consumption). Despite that, they do sell wine.

This could had also played a role in you losing and retreiving your wallet with everything intact.

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Yesterday I stopped in at Bravo in Santiago. I breezed through the express line. Little did I know I misplaced my wallet at some point during check.

As my wife and I were getting ready to go out for Valentines day. I realized I misplaced my wallet. We searched the house and car to no avail. We decided to go ahead with our dinner plans at Aloha de Sol. Which by the way was excellent. Great foos and huge portions!

On the way I decided to pass by Bravo just to check. As soon as I got within eye sight. The cashiers eye lit up. I knew they had my wallet!! She directed me to customer service. Who then called over security. I signed a book. And off I went. They had returned many items. Cell phones, purses ect. Were all logged in this book!!

DR gets bashed here a lot. I understand a lot of its short comings. But IMO things are rapidily changing for the better in some areas. I use to loathe Santiago. Now, I wouldnt choose to live anywhere else!!

Have a great weekend everyone!!

Muchas suarte...Bravo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Had a friend loose his passport (with visa) in Montellano two days before he was to go back to work on a cruise ship.
The woman owner of the colmado where he was drinking an adios beer with his buddies recognized him as being the son of the mother who shopped there and she walked to her house and returned it to the mom who called her son - and he was panicking thinking he could not go back to work