Little local flight

PeterHayward

May 10, 2002
I have discovered that Air Santo Domingo flies Saturday and Sunday only from Puerto Plata to Santo Domingo at a cost of RD$896. Does anybody have any information on flying Puerto Plata to Santo Domingo in any other way on other days?

blur069

May 16, 2002
I called about traveling during the last two weeks of July and they also offer round trip service from SDQ to Puerto Plata for 1035pesos or $64. I was told the flights are daily leaving at 5pm and arriving at 7pm. There's a connection in Punta Cana.

Janice

Jan 12, 2002
Flight Time

Just from looking on a map, it appears to be about 130-140 miles from SDQ to POP. What it God's name do they fly (Air Santo Domingo) that takes 2 hours? Do they have to stop in Santiago :) for fuel?

Janice

blur069

May 16, 2002
There's a stop in Punta Cana for about 20 mins... It's not a direct flight.

The flight from SDQ to Punta Cana is $64 round trip but the flight from SDQ-Punta Cana-Puerto Plata is $54, I asked why and they said to make up for the inconvenience.

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Actually it's a little over 222 miles.....

or 337 kilometers from SDQ to POP. It takes about 4 1/2-5 hours by car.
We took a bus trip fron hell the first year we were in the DR (abt. 1989) from Juan Dolio to Luperon......took us almost 8 hrs.
Thanks heavens there are better highways now although I hear the road from POP to Luperon is not much better than it used to be.

OOpps.....Janice is corrrect. The mileage I gave above is the entire Juan Dolio to Luperon...... :nervous:

From this website:http://www.caribbeantravel.com/cgi-bin/gb_msg.pl?msg=destination&destination_name=Dominican

Puerto Plata (Port of Silver), 130 miles northwest of Santo Domingo

Last edited:

Janice

Jan 12, 2002
Actually, you did it again Mommy

Mommy, what is it with you?

I can't understand why you insist on replying to EVERY post on this site, especially when you have no knowledge to which you speak.

It is exactly 108 miles from SDQ to POP, not the ridiculous "little over 222 miles" you have guessed at. I would think living in the DR part time you could guess the island is not even that wide from POP to SDQ?

I really try to get along with you, but you insist on trying to "correct" MY posts and you are invariably wrong

LOOK it up if you don't know, the guy wanted an honest answer. And don't bother saying "well, I meant if you took the route around PC, to Monte Cristi, to Santiago etc" he asked SDQ to POP

I'm not saying I "know more than you," I just prefer to engage my brain prior to opening my mouth. Maybe if you didn't selective try to criticize me from your prior lost battles (I realize you criticize everybody, but you seem to have a special place for me) it wouldn't seem so personal, but you do and it is!

Janice, frustrated with mis information:rolleyes:

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Ok...

Some of you need to read the questions before you reply.
Off topic answers and misinformation just cause threads to degrade or become high jacked.

Please do not reply to this post!!!!

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Wouldn't it be more convenient to go by bus?

There are daily departures on modern air-conditioned coaches.....

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Maybe it's me?

Am I missing something? Didn't the guy specifically ask about flights. Maybe I'm getting cranky in my old age?

Janice

Jan 12, 2002
Robert

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

It appears some people have an "opinion" on everything, related to the issue at hand or not.

No Mommy, this isn't directed at you but just a fact of message boards, some just "abuse" deviating from a topic more than others

Janice

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I know about the flight

Both my son and daughter in law have used them to Punta Cana.

I can see the two hours, with a stop in PC...easy....

As for the distance between POP and SDQ? Hummm. 215 km according to the Texaco map and Punta Cana is about 325 km from SDQ...

Flights are good, you are in the air for about 35 minutes...

Air Santo Domingo tries inter city flights but didn't make it...

HB
needs_a_shave.gif