Another evil Dominican Republic balcony being blamed for attack on tourist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 7, 2016
Holly said she was later awoken by security, who told her Danielle may have fallen from a balcony at the hotel.

https://globalnews.ca/news/4967835/winnipeg-woman-dies-while-on-vacation-in-the-caribbean/

Hopefully, the autopsy will reveal the condition of her body at the time she "fell" from the balcony? Seems like the Global News Canada is devoted to trashing travel to foreign countries, the Dominican Republic, in particular. Even someone mildly intoxicated or under the influence could fall from an AI balcony at any moment. Watch-out below!

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
Curious to know what resort it was, didn't see it in the article unless I missed it.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
My experience suggests that when I am 12 hours into a fiesta, not only is it time to go to sleep, but I tend to bump into things and occasionally fall down. I don't usually feel the need to do these things at a greater altitude. My noggin being at six feet is high enough.

alexw

Gold
Sep 6, 2008
NYC-SDQ BABY!
Those resorts have unlimited cheap booze in your room that hits you like a semi-truck. That poor kid was drunk out of her mind and did something risky like leaning over the balcony to yell at someone or something. Tragic

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
I stay at a large AI at least 4 times a year. It's good entertainment to watch the new arrivals at the all night drinking hole on their first day. The consumption practices of some are beyond injurious.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
in poland we have a saying: god guards kids and drunks. for indeed, both fall a lot and usually take little to no damage. but sometimes bad luck strikes. maybe the girl leaned out a bit too far; maybe she was trying to reach a coconut, flower or whatnot; maybe she wanted a selfie sitting on the railing. whatever the reason, may she rest in peace.

Status
Not open for further replies.