More bad publicity

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
Not entirely inaccurate though.
When my family from europe visit ( parents, aunts and uncles ), I dont let them go anywhere alone.
Younger folk ( my brother or my friends ), i worry less. They can run or fight, if needed ;).

Fulano2

Bronze
Jun 5, 2011
Europe
It might be exagerated but I never ever used a shot-gun here in Belgium. The last time I used or had to use it in the DR in 2017 because some tipos tried to enter our gated patio and I almost killed one I started to think about leaving. Sorry I dont want to spend 20+ years behind bars for protecting my family.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
The ‘journalist’ seem to have a thing for this type of sensationalism. Simply glance the title of many of his articles. Plenty about someone dying or had something happen to them while on vacation somewhere in the world, especially in the Caribbean.

https://muckrack.com/simon-lennon/articles

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
Not entirely inaccurate though.
When my family from europe visit ( parents, aunts and uncles ), I dont let them go anywhere alone.
Younger folk ( my brother or my friends ), i worry less. They can run or fight, if needed ;).

My friends and I must have been lucky then. We're all pretty ancient and we all go out alone all the time and we are still alive and well. I wouldn't stay here if I had to live in fear.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Our fear is our primary defense alert mechanism. Over time, as the fear subsides we feel safer and more comfortable in our environment. That may just be us coping with the anxiety. We may not in realty enjoy greater safety we just choose to believe that to be the case.