Bani Safety

jessies3

Mar 4, 2018
Hello, planning to stay at an all inclusive type place in bani in May with my dominican boyfriend (he's from LG, doesn't know the area of Bani), we have seen some reports of increased drug activity and I'm wondering if anyone has visited the area lately? we likely wouldn't leave the hotel much, just to visit the sand dunes maybe. any advice appreciated! thank you

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
I’m sure you’ll be fine.

Just out of curiosity, what is the name of the AI? We live about 30 minutes away, weren’t aware there was one.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
I’m sure you’ll be fine.

Just out of curiosity, what is the name of the AI? We live about 30 minutes away, weren’t aware there was one.
Hotel Las Salinas has a meal plan but excludes alcohol. It's 1km from the dunes. Maybe that's the one.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
On the resort property you should be pretty secure if you exercise common sense and don't set yourself up to be taken advantage of. Off the resort, the same advice applies but on an order of increased diligence and importance.

Lots of advice on this forum how not to stand out in public as an easy tourist target. As you are here for only a short time, I'd recommend that you avoid making any new friends with the locals, make use of reputable excursion companies of your off resort activities and enjoy yourselves.

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
Thank you. Yes it is the hotel las salinas.
IMO, and we travel the country a lot, Hotel Las Salinas is the second coolest, most eclectic hotel on the island. Stay in the main buildning, and not the one across the street.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
IMO, and we travel the country a lot, Hotel Las Salinas is the second coolest, most eclectic hotel on the island. Stay in the main buildning, and not the one across the street.

Bingo. And it's not a resort, it's a small hotel. and like the man said, travel with a mosquito net.

Say, what happened to your two girlfriends?

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
Bingo. And it's not a resort, it's a small hotel. and like the man said, travel with a mosquito net.

Say, what happened to your two girlfriends?
???

We never needed a mosquto net at HLS.

jessies3

Mar 4, 2018
Must be seasonal.

I did read in several reviews that mosquitoes were an issue. Hoping it is a seasonal thing and we will bring lots of repellant.

I did post last year about a trip to LG and LT with girlfriends and we had a great time.

D-Money

Apr 13, 2006
I went to bani and i have to say it was disappointing. I was thinking the women looked more like the north part of DR and they where not attractive unless i was i was in the wrong part.