American Breakfast in the Capital?

alexw

Gold
Sep 6, 2008
NYC-SDQ BABY!
Okay I've been living here for almost 2 years now and I'm starting to die without a decent American breakfast. I hate to say it but man do I miss Denny's. Yeah it sucked but it satisfied a huge craving. Does anyone know where I can get an American breakfast; pancakes, bacon, sausage, omelette with cheese, and some hash browns here? You know a good unhealthy breakfast that's going to kill me later.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
I just checked and it looks like iHop has closed, too(?). The have awesome breakfasts, so does Perkins.

Sep 4, 2012
I hate to say it but man do I miss Denny's. Yeah it sucked but it satisfied a huge craving. Does anyone know where I can get an American breakfast; pancakes, bacon, sausage, omelette with cheese, and some hash browns here? You know a good unhealthy breakfast that's going to kill me later.

Las Americas International Airport food court has one.

TropicalPaul

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
You can buy all those ingredients in any Supermercado Nacional and cook them yourself. They sell really nice sausages now, and they also sell hash browns, pancake mix and quite a few different types of bacon.

TropicalPaul

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
Another option would be any of the good hotels, they will all let a non-resident come in for breakfast and it's usually about US$ 20 plus tax per person. I imagine that J W Marriott does a good American breakfast.

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
Try Grands/Pacos in the zone. has it all except for the hashbrowns.

Tropical Paul
which national has hashbrowns have never seen them here.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
La Sirena, San Isidro. Its not Denny's or IHOP but if you get it
when they put it out fresh around 9:00am its not bad.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
You can get the breakfast you're looking for at American Cafe, on the second floor of Galeria 360 ( Americana Departamentos)

They don't have Denny's or IHOP type breakfasts, but you can get Ham (or sausage) and eggs with potatoes, pancakes, omelettes and a few other goodies.

You may want to give them a try.

Another choice would be Applebee's in the Silver Sun Gallery. They offer a bunch of options for American Breakfasts.

Also try menu.com.do and select breakfasts (Desayuno) to see what else is available. There's is quite a few small bistros around the city open for Breakfast every day.

alexw

Gold
Sep 6, 2008
NYC-SDQ BABY!
You can get the breakfast you're looking for at American Cafe, on the second floor of Galeria 360 ( Americana Departamentos)

They don't have Denny's or IHOP type breakfasts, but you can get Ham (or sausage) and eggs with potatoes, pancakes, omelettes and a few other goodies.

You may want to give them a try.

Another choice would be Applebee's in the Silver Sun Gallery. They offer a bunch of options for American Breakfasts.

Also try menu.com.do and select breakfasts (Desayuno) to see what else is available. There's is quite a few small bistros around the city open for Breakfast every day.

Awesome posting. Thanks

KyleMackey

Bronze
Apr 20, 2015
Another option would be any of the good hotels, they will all let a non-resident come in for breakfast and it's usually about US$ 20 plus tax per person. I imagine that J W Marriott does a good American breakfast.

Good advice Paul. The Crowne Plaza has a breakfast buffet, daily as I recall.
hotel-crowne-plaza-santo.jpg

hotel-crowne-plaza-santo.jpg

Restaurant is on the 2nd Floor, called Nabu.

Mcinbrass

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
Okay I've been living here for almost 2 years now and I'm starting to die without a decent American breakfast. I hate to say it but man do I miss Denny's. Yeah it sucked but it satisfied a huge craving. Does anyone know where I can get an American breakfast; pancakes, bacon, sausage, omelette with cheese, and some hash browns here? You know a good unhealthy breakfast that's going to kill me later.

Isnt there a Dennys in the Zona Colonial in the Conde Street past the Cathedral on the way to the Port area? Otherwise the major hotels serve American breakfast well sort of. Most will include Mangu

Buffness

Self-imposed banned🫢
Oct 9, 2014
You can buy all those ingredients in any Supermercado Nacional and cook them yourself. They sell really nice sausages now, and they also sell hash browns, pancake mix and quite a few different types of bacon.

Yes , Nothing beats buying good ingredients and cooking it exactly how you like it... most of the ingredients for a good American breakfast are very easy to find here.

For a good British breakfast ( fry up ) , however, we had to buy the Heinz baked beans from amazon ....the sausages and bacon here left much to be desired.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Yes , Nothing beats buying good ingredients and cooking it exactly how you like it... most of the ingredients for a good American breakfast are very easy to find here.

For a good British breakfast ( fry up ) , however, we had to buy the Heinz baked beans from amazon ....the sausages and bacon here left much to be desired.

one would believe that with so many expats living in the DR these days, some guy would see a business opportunity in making decent sausages. a good Jimmy Dean style sausage patty would be very well received. instead, all you can get in terms of local sausage is a grotesque contrivance called longaniza, which i would not consider eating on my deathbed. the stuff that is sold under the name ''breakfast sausage'' gives new meaning to the term ''mystery meat''.

don't start me up on the bacon..