CABRERA - EATING/DINING

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
For those of you in the area.....

If you know the road to Hotel Catalina......

Off the main road , heading to Catalina Ariba...
The 1st left to go to the hotel .. there is a colmado

Outside this colmado - Thurs to Sunday- is a food cart...6pm to 11pm
Excellent chef.

Ask for a 'Guillermo'....
you won't be disappointed....
I promise

Enjoy

Fulano2

Bronze
Jun 5, 2011
Europe
I Will try this out, Will be in THE country by march but food in RSJ is not impressive. No hamburger stuff I hope?

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
I Will try this out, Will be in THE country by march but food in RSJ is not impressive. No hamburger stuff I hope?
Is Marco's restaurant still there in RSJ, across the street from the lagoon? He's a trained French chef and his food, especially his sauces, is amazing.

Fulano2

Bronze
Jun 5, 2011
Europe
Yes hè is stil there, but the problem hè is not the one that cooks. I have to say, last time we ate a salmon there it was great but I asked him to supervise. I know him, a french friend of him (well was a friend, french have always troubles) rented an appartment from me. Marco is loosing a bit of control

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Yes
Hot dogs... about 2 ft long .... and enchilladas/tacos

He's an artist
when you see how he prepares, decorates and presents the food...you'll understand

The Guillermo is named for me -- naturally.... famoso =yo.... un chin

les1

Feb 1, 2007
The restaurant you refer to is called Cafe de Paris. Marco is very much in control. I don't eat there cause I can go to a dominican restaurant nearly half the price and as good. Cafe de Paris now has a roof terrace, it opened for Carnavarengue, our version of carnival
The dominican restaurant is named Esquina and is by the park. Great steak for 350, mero many different ways 300. Lunch is 200 or 125 for a half portion which is more than half and plenty. Rice, beans, salad, chicken, pork or beef. And lots of other stuff things

BillieWillie

Feb 20, 2019
www.a-writer.com
The restaurant you refer to is called Cafe de Paris. Marco is very much in control. I don't eat there cause I can go to a dominican restaurant nearly half the price and as good. Cafe de Paris now has a roof terrace, it opened for Carnavarengue, our version of carnival
The dominican restaurant is named Esquina and is by the park. Great steak for 350, mero many different ways 300. Lunch is 200 or 125 for a half portion which is more than half and plenty. Rice, beans, salad, chicken, pork or beef. And lots of other stuff things

Thanks for info!

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
El Carreton --- is good too.... again at the park....

Kitchen staff have hair nets and gloves - for those like cleanliness