Five Americans and Two Serbians arrested

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Not a good development.

Somebody(s) is paying for a revolution or civil war.

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
Or a coup attempt with some hired guns.

Haiti is at the top of the list of number of coups and attempts.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
“I am an american citizen!”
"Your mission Jim, should you choose/decide to accept it, ... As always, should you or any of your IM Force be caught or killed, the Secretary will disavow any knowledge of your actions. This tape will self-destruct in five seconds."

;)

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
Armed to the teeth, ready for a coup and then they allow themselves being arrested by some Policia Nacional? :D

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
CNN - "What military style weapons? No big deal we have those everywhere. We only care who they are."

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
I sure wouldn't want to be those guys!

The last I read is that they hadn't been charged with anything yet.

It's also possible they were there to get somebody out. Slim chance, but always possible. That could explain not getting into an all out firefight with uniforms.

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004
They were in a car without plates with these weapons? Not the brightest.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
The last I read is that they hadn't been charged with anything yet.

It's also possible they were there to get somebody out. Slim chance, but always possible. That could explain not getting into an all out firefight with uniforms.

I'm sure the Haitian secret police will beat a good explanation out of them.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
well, they purportedly had bullet proof vests, machine guns, drones, and other goodies in their possession. not your average liquor store takedown.

they might get to experience firsthand the concept of Tontons Macoutes, or the current day iteration thereof..

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
They were in a car without plates with these weapons? Not the brightest.

I'm guessing there's a lot more to this than meets the eye. It will be interesting to watch.

slowmo

Aug 1, 2016
I wonder if they neglected to carry enough bribe money to more than cover the cost of their weapons.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
I hadn't thought of the hostage rescue/exit facilitation possibility that someone mentioned above. I would think such a scenario is more likely than a group of 7 attempting to interfere with the Govt or just wandering around inciting further turmoil. I'd guess the lone Haitian was the hired guide/facilitator and the other six the primary mercenary invasion force.

I surmise 5 easily identifiable gringos touring around in a vehicle without license plates is not a frequent enough occurrence these days for the police not to take notice. I'm guessing these were the "good" police doing their job or maybe someone tipped them off in the hopes of scoring a an assault rifle and a drone to use for target practice as a crime stopper reward.

We'll have to wait and see but I expect any further info will be lacking in detail and this incident may just fade away. From any perspective, an inconvenient embarrassment for Moise and his cohorts.