Map of Visa Requirements for DR Citizens

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
The migration page has a list as well - I doubt either are up to date.

https://www.migracion.gob.do/Content/main_side_banner_02.pdf

Matilda

Is not 100% accurate, we can travel visa free to Cuba and Paraguay and in both cases says that we need a visa. Even the goverment list in migration is not acurated, so best thing we must do is to ask directly in the consulate of the country we are traveling in case that something change.

To enter to Brasil is not yet oficial, still doing paperwork, also Serbia,

Alltimegreat

Nov 16, 2012
Can US/DR dual citizens visit Russia and Cuba without a visa?

I'm wondering whether holding US citizenship in addition would create a problem here.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Can US/DR dual citizens visit Russia and Cuba without a visa?

I'm wondering whether holding US citizenship in addition would create a problem here.

Why not. Just leave your US Passport at home. Actually a friend of mine that is a dual citizen went to the World Cup in Russia with his DR Passport.

Alltimegreat

Nov 16, 2012
Fair enough.

If I was travelling to Russia on a Dominican passport without a visa, I'd like to have the assurance that being a US citizen wouldn't complicate the matter.

The Russians seem to relax their entry policies during the Olympics/World Cups held in Russia.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
How would they even know if you have a US Passport unless you are dumb enough to mention it?

Alltimegreat

Nov 16, 2012
How would they even know if you have a US Passport unless you are dumb enough to mention it?

I don't look Dominican and don't speak Spanish. They might be suspicious.

The Dominican passports also show the place of birth.

I wouldn't want to lie if asked about additional citizenships.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004

Customs job is to take your Passport and Scan it. Not give you a language test. But if you are so worried don't go. I am also a dual Citizen and would not think twice about going to Russia if I had planned to go.

Alltimegreat

Nov 16, 2012
You're absolutely right in your way of thinking.

I'm just looking for insight as to whether the Russian authorities would view this as a problem.

Dr_Taylor

Oct 18, 2017

The Dominican passports also show the place of birth.

I wouldn't want to lie if asked about additional citizenships.
There exists a good chance that the Russian migration officer also does not speak Spanish, but speaks English. :nervous: In any event, you are entering on the DR passport. If the officer asks, tell the truth, i.e., you were born there. There is nothing else to say.

Alltimegreat

Nov 16, 2012
For no apparent reason, a homeland security officer at the passport check entering the US once asked me about any additional citizenships.

I told him the truth and he didn't really seem to care.

VJS

Bronze
Sep 19, 2010
DR Citizens do not need a Visa to visit Russia. US Citizens DO need a Visa to visit Russia.

The agreement is not yet in effect, so DR citizens do need a visa for Russia as of now.