german man stabbed in sosua

Status
Not open for further replies.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
a 61 year old german pensioner who is a resident in la mulata was found last night with multiple stab wounds in the forearm and left hand sustained in an argument.
PN reported that he was treated in a private clinic where he was interrogated and admitted that the injuries were caused by two men who owe him a money.
the police is currently searching for culprits, a german identified only as alex and a dominican named elías accused of injuring the pensioner during a fight for a debt of 20 thousand pesos.

http://www.puertoplatadigital.com/verNoticia.aspx?Id=29285

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
a 61 year old german pensioner who is a resident in la mulata was found last night with multiple stab wounds in the forearm and left hand sustained in an argument.
PN reported that he was treated in a private clinic where he was interrogated and admitted that the injuries were caused by two men who owe him a money.
the police is currently searching for culprits, a german identified only as alex and a dominican named elías accused of injuring the pensioner during a fight for a debt of 20 thousand pesos.

http://www.puertoplatadigital.com/verNoticia.aspx?Id=29285

My guess is he know the German, at least, and he shouldn't be too hard to track down.
OK $400 US is not throw away money but for extranjeros it isn't worth getting stabbed over.

The man will never see his money repaid unless the sentence the perps get is to repay him - but a lawyer will cost more. Best to just walk away and keep your life.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Nope. I no longer loan to anyone. It's either a gift or it stays in my pocket

Sent from my SM-A530F using Tapatalk

The word "loan" in Dominican Spanish is actually "gift" in English.

I hope the attacked man recovers fully from his injuries.

How often does it happen that someone is attacked by people that owe them money? The opposite of a collection agency situation? Another only in the DR situation.

As for lawyering up to get compensation or repaid from the criminals, I agree that would be pointless.

monfongo

Bronze
Feb 10, 2005
A friend of mine had a argument with a Cuban, the Cuban hit him with a pipe. My friend got a lawyer and took him in front of the Fiscal, the fiscal ordered the Cuban to pay 30,000 DOP which he did rather the go to jail. That was about 6 or 7 yrs.ago, so don't say it's a waste of time.

rogerjac

Bronze
Feb 9, 2012
A friend of mine had a argument with a Cuban, the Cuban hit him with a pipe. My friend got a lawyer and took him in front of the Fiscal, the fiscal ordered the Cuban to pay 30,000 DOP which he did rather the go to jail. That was about 6 or 7 yrs.ago, so don't say it's a waste of time.

so what you are saying is that you will take a pipe to the head for 30000 pesos

tee

Bronze
Sep 14, 2007
Cabarete
Someone needs some Spanish lessons...
To loan - Prestar
To give- Dar
To gift- Regalar

Big difference between the three in either language except when it is my wife...if she asks me to lend her some money that actually means to give her some money!!

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
The last person I heard about that was hit with a pipe, died. That was the American doctor across from Super Pola a few years back. If you get into an argument, you have to be prepared for some bizarre behavior. "Hell is other people".

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i see that you guys can add nothing of value to this thread.
imma close until i see updates.

Status
Not open for further replies.