Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kip View Post
    My daughter flew back into STI last night. She has her residency (Temporal, RT-7), which is valid until next January. She provided the Customs folks with her card alongside her passport. They promptly stamped her passport with the new stamp and wrote 30 days on the validity. Per normal, they're seemingly asleep at the wheel and one hand still has no clue what the other is doing.
    Today, when I returned to the DR, I presented my permanent residency, cedula, and passport. The migracion officer placed the entry stamp in the passport, wrote 30 days, and handed everything back to me. I gave her the residency card and cedula again and asked why she entered 30 days when I have permanent residency that extends well beyond such a period. She shrugged and mentioned that all passports get 30 days. She added that the 30 days does not matter in my case, since I have residency. We both smiled, and I moved along to Aduana. This was my first time entering via Punta Cana. I wanted to see this side of the island. It was VERY nice to get in the Dominican citizens line, which includes residents, and breeze past all the tourists. I must have skipped over no less than 200 people from at least two to three flights. I still had to wait with everyone else in the Adauna line; however, it moved very quickly.

2. Likes cavok liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I asked the DR embassy in Germany about the new practice and got this explanation: The stamp for visa free entry is good for a stay of 90 days. (Date on the stamp + 89 days) The entry is visa free, but the stay is not 'for free'. You have to buy a tourist card that covers the cost for the first 30 of your 90 days. Days 31-90 have to be paid for on a progressive scale when you exit. Up to 100 euros/usd approximatly.
    So the 30 only indicates how many days youvpaid for, not how long you are allowd to stay in the country, days 31-90 do not constitute a over stay or mean you are in the country illegally. (The latter was important to me, because my travel insurance does not cover illegal stays)

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

once again every entry point into DR they have different rules and morons working the points

5. Likes SKY, jd426 liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

They know how to go from A to C, but not from A to C via B.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456