Assisted Living / Elder Care in PC/Bavaro

InsanelyOne

Bronze
Oct 21, 2008
Is this a thing? My parents are getting on in age and I though I'd start investigating care options. Doesn't have to be full time care. Maybe a service or individual that just checks in periodically to make sure everything is okay.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
You could probably find someone reliable to do this, but you would have to spend some time here to do that.

InsanelyOne

Bronze
Oct 21, 2008
I kind of figured as much. I'm sure I can arrange something, I just wanted to know if anyone knew of any professional services.

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
Your best best is to ask their MD for a recommendation for a "nurse" - most of the nurses in the DR are not trained to the level of the US but are certainly kind and compassionate and available to work for - what is to us- very little money. You ought to be able to get a team together for even 24 hr care... always best to do it before it is really needed.

2dlight

Bronze
Jun 3, 2004
Your best best is to ask their MD for a recommendation for a "nurse" - most of the nurses in the DR are not trained to the level of the US but are certainly kind and compassionate and available to work for - what is to us- very little money. You ought to be able to get a team together for even 24 hr care... always best to do it before it is really needed.
I have been doing this for my 96 year old mother for a year-and-a-half now without any regrets and confident that the level of care and quality of life she's experiencing here, could not be duplicated in the US for 5 times our cost.