Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: CarWasheros in NYC

  1. #1
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    20,455
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default CarWasheros in NYC

    Wait until you read this..... truly unbelievable....

    https://www.nytimes.com/2019/02/22/n...e-dispute.html

  2. Likes Russell, irishpaddy, 2dlight, jeb321, JasonD liked this post
  3. #2
    Gold
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    5,255
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by william webster View Post
    Wait until you read this..... truly unbelievable....

    https://www.nytimes.com/2019/02/22/n...e-dispute.html
    Not surprising at all. In NYC you have an unlimited labor force of marginalized people that need some type of payday. You have people who are willing to hire these people at ridiculous low wages and exploit these people without a second look. It's sad but true. It happens everyday in big cities around the world. The owner was originally from Cuba but that didn't stop him from treating other immigrants poorly. He justified the $4 an hour as being supplemented by tips and used this to skirt labor laws. Bravo to these guys who challenged him legally and got what they deserved for themselves and others. Sadly this owner will probably move on and scam another group of people and make money at their expense.

  4. Likes jeb321 liked this post
  5. #3
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    20,455
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    He never allowed them the tip jar....

    They took $30M in property....\when he moved on -- it may have been on foot
    no $$ left....dunno

    I just thought the story had more turns than hamster wheel.....

    and David beat Goliath !!!

  6. Likes jeb321 liked this post
  7. #4
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    32,519
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by william webster View Post
    He never allowed them the tip jar....

    They took $30M in property....\when he moved on -- it may have been on foot
    no $$ left....dunno

    I just thought the story had more turns than hamster wheel.....

    and David beat Goliath !!!
    he just did it in the wrong state. maybe he could have pulled that off in South Florida, but NY is not exactly the most receptive state to Cuban shenanigans.

  8. #5
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    20,455
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    His biggest mistake was declaring bankruptcy...

    they are allowed to open Pandora's Box in those circumstances...VOILA !!!
    he had over $1M cash at home....!!!!

  9. Likes jeb321 liked this post
  10. #6
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    5
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by william webster View Post
    His biggest mistake was declaring bankruptcy...

    they are allowed to open Pandora's Box in those circumstances...VOILA !!!
    he had over $1M cash at home....!!!!
    yeah completely agree with you!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •