Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks like USA is grounding the 737 Max 8.
    Miami flight is now on ground in Puerto Plata and the return flight now shows cancelled.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Canada grounded max 8 and Trump signed order grounding them also today...

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

The good news, if you live in NY you can fly into Puerto Plata for under $400.00 r/t. The bad news, if you live anywhere else in the US you will need to open a line of credit. It is going to be a long hard summer for those running businesses on the North Coast.

Best airfares into Puerto Plata - search restricted to flights with less than two stops and travel duration under 14 hours.

April
    Miami (MIA) into POP $453.00 - one way.
    Chicago (ORD) into POP $527.00 - one way.
    Atlanta (ATL) into POP $653.00 - one way.
    Houston (IAH) into POP $422.00 - one way.
    New York (JFK) into POP $168.00 - one way.

Flights in May - same search criteria

Miami (MIA) into POP $413.00 - one way.
    Chicago (ORD) into POP $303.00 "via Toronto" - one way.
    Atlanta (ATL) into POP $283.00 - one way.
    Houston (IAH) into POP $426.00 - one way.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cruzan1 View Post
    The good news, if you live in NY you can fly into Puerto Plata for under $400.00 r/t. The bad news, if you live anywhere else in the US you will need to open a line of credit. It is going to be a long hard summer for those running businesses on the North Coast.

Best airfares into Puerto Plata - search restricted to flights with less than two stops and travel duration under 14 hours.

April
    Miami (MIA) into POP $453.00 - one way.
    Chicago (ORD) into POP $527.00 - one way.
    Atlanta (ATL) into POP $653.00 - one way.
    Houston (IAH) into POP $422.00 - one way.

Flights in May - same search criteria

Miami (MIA) into POP $413.00 - one way.
    Chicago (ORD) into POP $303.00 "via Toronto" - one way.
    Atlanta (ATL) into POP $283.00 - one way.
    Houston (IAH) into POP $426.00 - one way.
    I just did a search on AA for MIA-POP round trip May 8th to May 15th (1st search) and it came up $648

Airlines especially gangster airlines like AA want you to book round trip so that if you have to change your flight, they can charge you those sweet change fees plus difference in fare.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

You can try the hidden ticket strategy. I did it once, bought a ticket to NY for 150.00 and just got off in Miami. I called, said I got sick ??? Hmmm. But I heard they (AA) can delete your AA millage account if they catch you (this I guess its illegal under terms and conditions of your ticket). Any comment on this?? Anyone else doing this???? Of course you can leave from STI and pay 150.00 legally, sorta crazy :-(

singletravell

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by singletravel View Post
    You can try the hidden ticket strategy. I did it once, bought a ticket to NY for 150.00 and just got off in Miami. I called, said I got sick ??? Hmmm. But I heard they (AA) can delete your AA millage account if they catch you (this I guess its illegal under terms and conditions of your ticket). Any comment on this?? Anyone else doing this???? Of course you can leave from STI and pay 150.00 legally, sorta crazy :-(

singletravell

That mileage account is pretty useless anyway, I used it once after 10 years flying with AA several times per year, for a ticket for 2 to Las Vegas, cost me 100,000 miles and some money on top. Almost impossible to get the dates you want.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Fly to STI instead. A friend of mine just got a RT ticket on American MIA-STI-MIA for $288.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe the conspiracy is at the Miami Airport!

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Conchman View Post
    That mileage account is pretty useless anyway, I used it once after 10 years flying with AA several times per year, for a ticket for 2 to Las Vegas, cost me 100,000 miles and some money on top. Almost impossible to get the dates you want.
    Yikes... I go to England for 60,000....on United

Depends when , I suppose

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Surprised. I book award tickets often in AA. In fact, haven’t paid for a ticket for a couple of years now. Very rarely have I had an issue with no availability. Mostly I use my miles for round trips to South America and flying from POP back to thr US

Quote Originally Posted by Conchman View Post

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast