Looking for foot Doctor_Santo Domingo-San Pedro

XTraveller

Aug 21, 2010
I am looking for a foot Doctor (Podiatrist-Podologo) in Santo Domingo or San Pedro area.

Prefer English speaking but not essential. Also prefer if Doctor take's Humano insurance.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
No one better in the DR than this one. He fixed my problem that could not be fixed with two Doctors in Miami. Recommend highly. Does not speak much English, but it won't matter. He has his own clinic for many years. And no other Doctors, only him.

https://www.google.com/search?clien...o+Dominicano+De+Podologia+Dr+Cantalicio+Ortiz

Look at the video on the left to see him and the clinic.

Phone: +1 809-562-1957

Miguel has been my Podiatrist for many years. Probably the best in the business. He also goes to work around 6 in the morning so all of my visits have been at 6:00 am.

His client list includes many of the rich and famous of the DR. Even so, he's a very humble and friendly man.

Followed in the footsteps of his father who was also considered the best on the island.

He also used to be an extremely obese person but you'd never guess by looking at him.

XTraveller

Aug 21, 2010
Thank you Sky & JDJones. Do either of you know if he takes Humano insurance?

XTraveller

XTraveller

Aug 21, 2010
Very Good Doctor & Clinic

Thank you SKY & JD,

Went to see DR Miguel. Very good Doctor & top notch clinic. Also very pleasant person.He knew right away what was my problem and how to treat it, takes his time to explain all. Does not speak much english but repeated himself many times in Spanish so I would understand. I would recommend this Doctor and Clinic.

Dr.Miguel does not take insurance but gave me all the documents to submit a claim. Submitted a claim to Humano, now waiting to see what Humano will pay.

Will keep all inform,

XTraveller

XTraveller

Aug 21, 2010
Bob,

The first consultation fee is 4000 pesos and after that its 3000 pesos. Of course their are other charges depending on the treatment needed. My insurance Humano plan Max has so far reimburse me 2000 pesos for the first consultation.

The Doctor takes credit cards,

XTraveller

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Bob,

The first consultation fee is 4000 pesos and after that its 3000 pesos. Of course their are other charges depending on the treatment needed. My insurance Humano plan Max has so far reimburse me 2000 pesos for the first consultation.

The Doctor takes credit cards,

XTraveller

Thanks for the info. Can you make appointments or do you just show up.

XTraveller

Aug 21, 2010
Like Sky says, best to make an appointment. He gives you a specific time and I waited about 5 mins. None of this everybody gets an 8:00 am and then its first come first serve deal.

They call you a day before to confirm your appointment.

PS. He sold me some medication and my insurance did not pay for it,(even with his stamp receipt) I think its best to ask for a prescription and buy at a pharmacy if you have insurance.

XTraveller