Vienna Caribe

potus

Dec 27, 2015
Good day to All,

Does anyone know about this Restaurant.....I enjoyed going there in the past for some Beers and a Concert on Saturdays.
I tied calling now, the number is disconnected.....I tried to make reservations through their web site.....all disconnected and non functioning as well.....hmmm....are they out of biz.....I remember passing by a few weeks ago and it looked like biz as usual.......

Vienna Caribe

Address: Autopista 30 de Mayo 49, Santo Domingo
Hours:
Open ⋅ Closes 12AM

Phone: (809) 274-5755

Jan 9, 2004
Good day to All,

Does anyone know about this Restaurant.....I enjoyed going there in the past for some Beers and a Concert on Saturdays.
I tied calling now, the number is disconnected.....I tried to make reservations through their web site.....all disconnected and non functioning as well.....hmmm....are they out of biz.....I remember passing by a few weeks ago and it looked like biz as usual.......

Vienna Caribe

Address: Autopista 30 de Mayo 49, Santo Domingo
Hours:
Open ⋅ Closes 12AM

Phone: (809) 274-5755

I believe this is the old Chalet Suizo formerly run by a Belgian musician named Peter. Always made it a must stop when in SD. Went there once after he sold it.......and it did not have the same menu or vibe.........and never returned.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
I believe this is the old Chalet Suizo formerly run by a Belgian musician named Peter. Always made it a must stop when in SD. Went there once after he sold it.......and it did not have the same menu or vibe.........and never returned.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

Same here.

There are (were) two 'Swiss' places on the Malecon.

One was Swiss Chalet, a seedy little restuarant located next to Caribe University (Metadom), and the other is the one Potus is talking about, close to Casa Espana.

I used to go to Vienna Caribe frequently, but after it was sold it lost it's attraction for me too.

Jan 9, 2004
Same here.

There are (were) two 'Swiss' places on the Malecon.

One was Swiss Chalet, a seedy little restuarant located next to Caribe University (Metadom), and the other is the one Potus is talking about, close to Casa Espana.

I used to go to Vienna Caribe frequently, but after it was sold it lost it's attraction for me too.

You are correct in that there were two (Swiss/German) restaurants fairly close together. The one I refer to was the second one after the University. Had great food and played lots of 60'/70's music.

It was then sold and renamed Vienna Caribe around 2011-2012.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
You are correct in that there were two (Swiss/German) restaurants fairly close together. The one I refer to was the second one after the University. Had great food and played lots of 60'/70's music.

It was then sold and renamed Vienna Caribe around 2011-2012.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

Wow, name changed 2011-2012? I didn’t realize it’s been that long since we ate there.

The last time we went, there was a long table of Americans/Canadians, 10-12 of them, across from us. I remember wondering at the time if any were DR1ers.