Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Moderator - North Coast Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Default traffic fines to go up

as you may know the president delivered his regular rendición de cuentas on the 27th. one of the main points was the increase of the minimum salary in the public sector from 5,117 to a whooping 10,000 pesos.
    the minimum salary is a base for all sorts of fines in DR, from traffic fines to sanctions for environmental violations. so these are also expected to go up.
    https://www.diariolibre.com/economia...tas-EA12211324

for those who are interested, dr1 news regarding danilo's speech:
    https://dr1.com/forums/showthread.ph...94#post1937294

North Coast Moderator

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dv8 View Post
    as you may know the president delivered his regular rendición de cuentas on the 27th. one of the main points was the increase of the minimum salary in the public sector from 5,117 to a whooping 10,000 pesos.
    the minimum salary is a base for all sorts of fines in DR, from traffic fines to sanctions for environmental violations. so these are also expected to go up.
    https://www.diariolibre.com/economia...tas-EA12211324

for those who are interested, dr1 news regarding danilo's speech:
    https://dr1.com/forums/showthread.ph...94#post1937294
    Most people in the DR have not taken these fines seriously. An increase might work as a deterrent, but probably not.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Times have changed LT...
    The new traffic fine system (computerized) is very good/accurate.

I had a clean Buena Conducta until it came along... and pulled up a 2011 ticket.

I expect you won't be renewing a drivers license without paying your fines...

No fui yo!
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by william webster View Post
    Times have changed LT...

I had a clean Buena Conducta until it came along... and pulled up a 2011 ticket.

Hand them your US license, unless they say it is no longer acceptable

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Had to renew my insurance 2 days ago and, accoring to the agent, your foreign drivers license is good for 3 months.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cavok View Post
    Had to renew my insurance 2 days ago and, accoring to the agent, your foreign drivers license is good for 3 months.
    Tickets on your foreign license are also entered into the system. I know I have 2 of them entered there, good that they are not linked to either my passport or cedula. no problem with renewing dominican license or marbet

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

One less thing for me to worry about or be bothered with
    while living here.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by william webster View Post
    Times have changed LT...

Alida got a ticket last month for pulling our motorcycle trailer without a tag (never bothered to get one and it's been 10 years since we built it.) Her DL also expired.

So she went to renew the license and was told she could not until the trailer ticket was settled. So we are deep into the DR bureaucracy to get a home-built motorcycle trailer I designed properly licensed, which includes engineering drawings by an engineer or architect. So far so good. The inspector said it was the best he's ever seen!

Times, indeed, are a-changing. The more the various gubmint divisions have a functioning database, the faster things will change.
    Cabin Attendant,
    Augusto Pinochet Helicopter Tours

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chico bill View Post
    Hand them your US license, unless they say it is no longer acceptable
    Hopefully, the police don’t understand the 90 day rule
    See below

Quote Originally Posted by cavok View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cobraboy View Post
    Alida got a ticket last month for pulling our motorcycle trailer without a tag (never bothered to get one and it's been 10 years since we built it.) Her DL also expired.

So she went to renew the license and was told she could not until the trailer ticket was settled. So we are deep into the DR bureaucracy to get a home-built motorcycle trailer I designed properly licensed, which includes engineering drawings by an engineer or architect. So far so good. The inspector said it was the best he's ever seen!

Times, indeed, are a-changing. The more the various gubmint divisions have a functioning database, the faster things will change.
    Don’t bother sharing this new type of system with the Residency Thread...
    They won’t like hearing they are actually recognized in the system

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cobraboy View Post
    .....So we are deep into the DR bureaucracy to get a home-built motorcycle trailer I designed properly licensed, which includes engineering drawings by an engineer or architect. So far so good. The inspector said it was the best he's ever seen!

Wow, you don't need anything close to that to licence a home built trailer in TGWN. Times certainly are changing.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast